Have you recently been thinking about the password leaks that have happened as a result of hackers trying to hack users’ passwords? Do you want to change your password for Reddit too so that you can protect yourself from these password leaks which could potentially lead to your account getting hacked? It is always a good practice to keep changing your passwords at a certain regular interval to prevent your account from being hacked. It could also be the case that the password for your account is not that strong. So, you might want to change it to a strong password so that it does not get easily hacked. For changing the Reddit password, read this article in which the complete steps for doing that are given.
See also: How to schedule posts on Reddit
The steps mentioned here are to change the Reddit password using the old Reddit user interface. The old Reddit is still being used by several Reddit users and the method of changing your password is slightly different for the old Reddit interface in comparison to the new Reddit.
To change your Reddit password, follow these steps:
- First of all, you need to open a browser on a device connected to the internet and open the Reddit website. If you use the old Reddit, open it.
- Now, click on the ‘preferences’ option present near the top-right corner.
- Next, click on the password/email tab by clicking on the ‘password/email’ option which you will find in the top area next to the list of options next to the ‘preferences’ option.
- Under the heading ‘update your password’, you need to enter the current password in the text box titled ‘current password’.
- In each of the text boxes titled ‘new password’ and ‘verify password’, enter the new password.
- If you want, you can choose to tick on the option to log out from everywhere after changing your password.
- Click on the ‘save’ button.
- Your password has been changed now.
The new Reddit interface is quite different from the old one. So, the password changing method is also different in the new Reddit. All the steps to change the Reddit password are given here:
- Open Reddit on a browser.
- Click on the username located in the top-right corner of the webpage.
- A drop-down menu appears. Click on the ‘user settings’ option from this menu.
- Go to the ‘accounts’ tab by clicking on the ‘accounts’ button in the top portion under the heading ‘user settings’.
- Under the ‘account settings’, you will find the ‘change password’ option. Click on the ‘change’ option next to it.
- Type the old password, the new password, and then confirm the new password again as asked in the form that opens up.
- Choose to log out everywhere from Reddit if you want to.
- Click on the ‘save’ button.
Using the app
If you use the Reddit app, then you can change the Reddit password from the app too. The steps for that are:
- Open the Reddit app.
- Next, swipe right from the left side of the app screen. This will open up a menu.
- Tap on the ‘settings’ option in the menu.
- After this, tap on the ‘account settings for u/username’ (replace ‘username’ with your Reddit username) option located at the top.
- Then, tap on the ‘change password’ option under the ‘basic settings’ heading on the menu.
- Provide the new password and the old password in the text boxes on the page.
- Tap ‘Save’.