Profile pictures (icons, avatars, etc.) are very common all over the Internet, especially on websites or platforms that require user interaction. Whether you’re on Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, LinkedIn, or Twitch, your profile picture sells you online. People use it to judge the kind of person behind the account. For example, if someone has a profile picture of a cat, the best bet is that he or she is a cat lover. This article is going to guide you on how to change your profile picture on Twitch.
See also: How to ban someone on Twitch
Twitch is one of the most popular video game streaming platforms and has been at loggerheads with platforms such as YouTube Gaming. Since it is entertainment-oriented, it attracts many young people to challenge each other in games. On Twitch, you usually join channels (which are mostly titled by games). Apart from games, Twitch also hosts other channels on music, art, and lifestyle among others.
Changing your profile picture
Since Twitch is available on both the app and the website, this article shall offer steps for both platforms.
On the website, here is how you change your profile picture:
- Click on twitch.tv to open Twitch on your browser.
- Enter your username and password so that you log in to your account. Twitch should open successfully and a live stream will start playing.
- On the top right corner of the page, tap on the profile icon (which has your current profile picture).
- On the displayed menu, click on the ‘Settings’ button just below the ‘Wallet’ one. This should open you to the ‘Settings’ page. Automatically, the ‘Profile’ tab will be activated.
- Under the ‘Profile’ tab, click on the ‘Add Profile Picture’.
- A box will open up. Here, you will need to navigate to the location of the picture you want to set as your profile picture. Remember that you can only upload a JPEG, PNG or GIF which does not exceed 10 MB.
- Once you have chosen it, the ‘Update Profile Picture’ will open up. Here, you will need to set the picture to fit in the circle as you wish. You can drag the slider right to zoom in and left to zoom out.
- When this is successful, you will be taken back to the profile settings page. Twitch will give you a little compliment that goes like this, ‘Looking good there, @username!’
On the app, here is how you change your profile picture:
- On your home screen, tap on the Twitch app icon (a callout with dots that look like eyes). The app should open to the ‘Following’ tab.
- On the top left corner, tap on your profile picture. Your profile’s summary screen will be shown with the ‘Home’ tab active.
- On the top right corner, tap on the wheel icon. A menu will display at the bottom part of the screen.
- On the menu, tap on the ‘Settings’ button. A ‘Settings’ screen will show.
- On the ‘Settings’ screen, tap on the ‘Account’ button then ‘Edit Bio’. When the ‘Edit Bio’ screen shows, you will see your current profile icon.
- Tap on the ‘Edit’ button below it. This will open the local storage of the phone. Pick your desired photo.
- Crop the picture in your desired way and tap on ‘Save’ at the top left corner.
These steps are easy to follow. They have been written in a bit-by-bit style especially for those who are using Twitch for the first time.
Remember that your profile picture always speaks for you before you say any words.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.