Whenever you’re on the Internet, you are always browsing in a language that you are comfortable with. Since it is a worldwide platform, Crunchyroll has been made available in the following languages: English (US), English (UK), Spanish (Latin America), Spanish (Spain), Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), French (France), German, Arabic, Italian and Russian. This means that you can switch between them depending on which one you prefer. Now, this article is going to show you how to change the language on Crunchyroll.
Crunchyroll, then language
Crunchyroll is among the most popular video-sharing platform whose library is purely informed by the Japanese styles of anime, manga, and dorama. Whether you are looking for adventure, fantasy, martial arts, love, or other genres, you will find them there.
Crunchyroll is Japanese-American. It was founded by Kun Gao and James Lin but is now owned by the American company Otter Media. It started around 14 years ago and has grown to become one of the most visited anime resources on the Internet.
Though, why change language?
Crunchyroll usually detects the country that you are in and sets the language. One reason for changing the language could be this – you are a unilingual Spanish speaker who has moved to an English-speaking country and you want to undo Crunchyroll’s auto-detection settings and set it to operate in Spanish.
Also, you could be a bilingual speaker who wants to try out Crunchyroll in your other language.
Changing language on Crunchyroll
You can do this on both the website (desktop or laptop) and the app (Android or iOS). The article shall offer steps for both platforms.
On the Website (Crunchyroll.com)
- Click on your modern (default) browser and visit Crunchyroll’s website.
- If you were not previously logged in to Crunchyroll, the ‘Sign Up/Login’ page will appear. Enter your login details (email address/username and password). This should open you up to your account.
- Scroll down to the bottom of your account’s home page. You will see five sections each having a list of options. Of interest is the ‘Language’ section. You will find this by searching for the flag of the country you are in (even ‘your’ country if you’re using a VPN).
A list of languages will be displayed there
- Click on the one that you wish to use with Crunchyroll. When you do, the page will refresh and then opens in the language you chose. All the options will change and read in your new language.
On the App (Crunchyroll.com)
- From your home screen or the list of your phone’s apps, tap on the orange Crunchyroll icon.
- When it opens, enter your login credentials if you had not done so previously. If this is done successfully, you should be opened to the ‘My Queue/My History’ page.
- Tap on the top left icon that has three small lines.
- On the menu that pops out, click on the ‘Settings’ wheel icon.
- On the ‘Settings’ page under the ‘General’ section, tap on the ‘Preferred Language’ option.
A menu will appear and asks you to wait for changes to be made. Then, the ‘Settings’ page will change. If the previous language set was English and you’ve now switched to Latin American Spanish, ‘Settings’ will now become ‘Especificaciones’.
You have now taken charge of the language settings of your Crunchyroll account. You realize that a change in the language effects changes on the subtitles of your anime.
Where you are, you can enjoy Crunchyroll’s library in the language of your choice.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.