If you already have a Google Voice number, there is a way to change it, but keep in mind that changing the number costs $10. In addition, the option of changing the number is not possible for Voice for Google Workspace accounts that are managed by your school or your work. Here, we are going to share the steps on how to change Google Voice number, so if that’s something you want to do, keep reading.
How to change Google Voice number
As mentioned, if you want to replace your Google Voice number with a new one, the new one costs $10. It is important to understand that once you do change your Google Voice number, you won’t be able to undo that action, and there is no option to get your money back. So it would be wise to think this through. Here are the steps on how to change Google Voice number:
- Open the browser of your choice and go to the Google Voice page
- Click on the hamburger icon in the top-left corner of the screen to access the menu
- Next, click on Legacy Google Voice
- Click on the gear icon at the top to access the Settings
- Next, click on Phones
- Find your number and then click Change / Port
- Choose an option “I want a new number”
- You will have to follow several on-screen instructions to set up a new number
- Pay for the number
- Once you are done with these steps, you will receive some emails that will contain further instructions.
If you want to keep the first Google Voice number as a secondary number, you’ll have to pay $20.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.