If you are using WhatsApp daily, maybe you find it a bit boring in terms of its look and you want to spice things up a bit. You can change the theme and choose dark, but you can also change the chat wallpaper. Once you do this, the chat background you have selected will be displayed in every chatbox you open. In other words, it will be the same for all the contacts. If you are wondering how to change chat wallpaper on WhatsApp, keep reading. The steps are listed below.
You can change the wallpaper from WhatsApp Settings using the app or WhatsApp web and from chatbox with a specific contact. We will share all of the methods here.
How to change chat wallpaper on WhatsApp from a chatbox
Here are the steps:
- Open the conversation with one of your contacts
- Next, tap on three dots located in the top-right corner
- Tap Wallpaper
- Now, you can choose a wallpaper from Gallery, you can select a solid color, or you can select one from WhatsApp wallpaper library
- Once you select the wallpaper, you will get a preview
- If you like it, tap Set.
You can set wallpaper from WhatsApp settings, and you can do it using the app or using the WhatsApp web.
First, let’s see how to do it using the app:
- Open WhatsApp and tap on three dots in the top-right corner
- Tap Settings
- Tap Chats
- Next. tap Wallpaper
- Choose a wallpaper from Gallery, choose a solid color or go for the option to choose a wallpaper from WhatsApp wallpaper library
- When you choose a wallpaper, you will see a preview
- If you like the wallpaper, tap Set.
Here is how to change the wallpaper using the WhatsApp web:
- Open WhatsApp web
- Click on three dots
- Tap Chat wallpaper
- Choose one of the available colors.
If you change your mind later and want to remove the wallpaper, just go back to Settings > Wallpaper, and choose “No wallpaper” or “Default”.