Giving Alexa commands to do something for you is useful and it’s also fun. But perhaps you have said Alexa way too many times and you are wondering is there another wake word that you can set for your favorite virtual assistant. The answer is yes. And here, we are going to share a quick guide on how to change Alexa’s wake word.
See also: How to connect Alexa to Spotify
There are two ways to change Alexa’s wake word. The first one is using the Alexa app on your iOS or Android device, and the second one is using your speaker. We are going to show you both.
How to change Alexa’s wake word: Using the app
Here is how to change Alexa’s wake word using the app:
- Open the Alexa app on your iOS or Android device
- Tap on the menu button (three horizontal lines) in the top-left corner of the app
- Now tap Settings
- Tap Device Settings
- Now choose the device for which you want to change the wake word
- Scroll down and tap Wake Word
- Select the word you want. You can choose between Alexa, Amazon, Echo, and Computer
How to change Alexa’s wake word: Using the speaker
The second method to change Alexa’s wake word is using the speaker. This means that you have to speak to Alexa and say something like “Alexa, can you change the wake word?”. Once you say this, just follow the Alexa prompts and you will change the wake word. The choice is the same – Alexa, Amazon, Echo, and Computer.
If you ever wish the wake word to be Alexa again, just follow the same guide and change the wake word again.