A very popular platform for online messaging is Telegram. Telegram is an app that lets you communicate with people from all around the world, they do not have to be near you. You just need to have the internet whenever you want to use this wonderful app. If you do not, you will not be able to chat with your friends or family because Telegram does not support credits, the app will only work if you have internet. Of course, if you do not have the internet at the moment you will still be able to see the chats and everything, you will just not be able to chat and change the settings in the app.
If you have recently made an account on Telegram and you do not really fancy your username, you can change it right away. Just follow these simple steps down below and you can learn how to change your username whenever you want to.
Steps to changing your username on Telegram
- You will have to open up the Telegram app on your phone and log into your account that you have already.
- Find the three lines button that should be located somewhere in the top left corner of your device’s screen. By clicking on that button a new pop-up sidebar is going to show up on your screen with many different options.
- Scroll down a bit until you see the Settings section, then click on it to expand the settings.
- A whole new window is going to open up on your screen with many different settings options. You will need to find the Username section somewhere on that screen. Tap on that section when you spot it.
- You will be redirected to another screen where you are going to need to think of a new username and change it. Under the section where you need to type in your new username, you are going to see the rules of changing your username. While you type the new username, if it is occupied and not available, you will be notified because under that username box the unavailable text will show up.
- Once you have come up with your new username and you made sure that it is available, click on the Save button and you will be done!
If you are experiencing some kind of problems while trying to change the username
- Telegram is an app that requires a stable internet connection in order for it to work properly. So, check your internet connection, turn on your Wi-Fi or your mobile data, or you will not be able to change the settings in Telegram app.
- Clear the cache of the app. If the app is not giving you permission to change your own username, it is maybe not working properly because your cache memory is full. Go to the settings of your phone, find the telegram app there and clear its cache. Then try changing the username again.
- If the app is crashing or not letting you change your username because it has a very slow performance the first thing you could do is to restart your phone. You can even turn your device off for a certain amount of time and then turn it back on after just a few minutes.
- And if you are still having problems, you can uninstall the app from your phone, and then install it again after a few minutes. If the problem has not been fixed after all of these steps, and you are not able to change your username, contact Telegram’s support, they are going to give you more directions and information about this issue.