Telegram is an app that its main purpose is messaging. You are able to communicate with your friends and family via text, calls, and video calls on telegram for free, you only need to have Wi-Fi.
In this article, we are going to teach you how you can change the phone number that is connected to your Telegram account if you, perhaps, got a new one. Since Telegram is basically available for all kinds of devices, the steps to changing your number are pretty much the same for all of those devices.
Steps to changing a phone number on your Telegram account
We guess, and hope that you already have the Telegram app installed in your phone and that you are already logged into your existing account. If you are, perhaps, not logged in, log into the account right now so you could start doing the steps below.
- When the app and the home screen open on your phone, look for the three lines button. That button should be located in the top left corner of your phone’s screen. By clicking on that button you will be opening and expanding some options on your screen.
- You will now need to find the Settings button you might have to scroll down a bit because it is usually located at the end of the sidebar. By clicking on that button you are going to open the Settings section of the app.
- After the Settings section opens up on your device’s screen, under the Info section there you will be able to see your current phone number linked to that Telegram account. You need to tap on that phone number in order to open some more additional settings there.
- When the new windows pop up on your screen you will be able to see the Change Number button. But, above that button is an important note displayed for you, when you change the number of that Telegram account, all of the people who had your previous number will automatically get your new number saved to their Telegram contacts. To change the number linked to your account, simply click on the Change Number button in the middle of your screen and type in your new number. Just so you know, after clicking on that button you will get another message notifying you that your contacts are going to get your new number automatically, just click on Ok.
- After you have entered your new number you are going to get a confirmation code sent via SMS. You will have to enter that code in the selected space on your screen. When you confirm that that number really does belong to you the process is going to be finished.
This was really easy don’t you think so?
And if you are experiencing some problems while trying to change the number
Here are some of the most common problems and solutions on why you are not able to change your phone number:
- You are not connected to any Wi-Fi or your mobile data are not turned on. If that is the case, make sure that you turn them on because Telegram is not able to work without a stable internet connection, and therefore, you will not be able to make any kind of changes to your account.
- Maybe your RAM is full. Turn some of the apps off if they are on, maybe Telegram does not have enough RAM space in order for it to work properly.
- You might have to restart your phone if needed or turn it off for a certain amount of time.
- And you can also consider uninstalling the app then install it, and try again.