One of the easiest ways to turn any TV with an HDMI port into a smart TV is by using the Firestick. It is Amazon’s stream video player that looks like an oversized USB flash drive. You can install a variety of apps but you can also cast to firestick from your PC. That’s pretty cool especially if you want to watch the movies you have on your computer, or if you want to play some videos on a bigger screen. If you are not sure how to cast to firestick from your PC, keep reading, we are going to show you the steps.
How to cast to Firestick from a PC
If you purchased Firestick recently and you want to play some videos or movies from your PC on a bigger screen, the process is very simple. Before we show you the steps, make sure that your PC and your Firestick are both connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
To cast to Firestick from a PC, follow the steps below:
- On your Firestick:
- Press and hold the home button
- Keep holding it until the menu window opens up.
- Now select the Mirroring option
- You will get the following message “While this screen is open, guest devices can wireless mirror their display to (name) Fire Stick.”
- On your Windows 10:
- Open Notifications by clicking on the message icon in the bottom-left corner of the screen
- Click on the “Connect” option
- The Firestick should show up on the list of the devices connected to the same Wi-Fi network
- Click on it
The content should now appear on your TV and you can enjoy it on a bigger screen!
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.