If you are an Android user you for sure know what Google Play Store is, a place where you can download or buy all kinds of applications and programs.
What is a Google Play Store subscription?
It is basically a subscription with which you are able to get some of the content that is not free and that is not available to everyone. For example, you are going to be able to listen to music on the Google Play app or have access to some health and wellness apps and more different kinds of applications. The fee for this subscription is 10 dollars a month.
Steps to canceling the subscription
- Since every Android phone has the Google Play Store already built-in and installed in their device, first you simply need to find that app on your phone and open it.
- Check to see to which account you are currently connected and switch to another account if needed.
- Lightly tab on the three lines icon, or simply swipe right so the menu section will show up on your phone’s screen.
- Look for the Subscriptions section and click on it. It should be somewhere at the bottom half of the menu, depending on which version of the Google Play Store you are using.
- When the Subscriptions section opens up you will be able to see all the subscriptions you currently have. Find the right one and click on it so you would select it.
- The Manage Subscription tab should open up with the details of your subscription. At the bottom of your screen, you will be able to see the Cancel Subscription button. If you are still sure that you want to unsubscribe and to cancel that subscription, click on that button.
- You will probably get a new smaller window opened asking you why you want to cancel that subscription and are you sure that you do. Select one of the reasons they offer you or type your own reason. And click on the Continue button.
- And there you go! You have canceled your subscription for that certain app.
Note: You are still going to be able to use that app for a while since you already paid for it. You can use it until your subscription runs out, so it will not be a waste of money. The subscription will not be renewed the next month or the next year depending on how long did you subscribe to that app, but you are still going to be able to use it in that amount of time.
If you want to get your money back and refund it, request a refund from the app. You are probably going to receive a full refund in the next few days after requesting it.
Steps to pausing your subscription for a while
Did you know that you can pause your subscription for a certain amount of time if you do not have the money at the moment or for some other reason? Yes, that is possible. But unfortunately, not all of the apps on the Google Play Store offer this option. Only some do. This is an alternative version if you do not want to cancel your subscription.
- When you are in the Google Play Store app on your smartphone, and you checked and you are in the right account, swipe right or click on the three lines menu.
- Search for the Subscription section in the menu and tap on it.
- Find the subscription that you want to find and click on it to manage it.
- You should see the Pause Payments button on your screen, if you do, click on it.
- Select the amount of time that you want your payments to be paused and confirm that action by clicking on Confirm.
That is all!