If you are reading this, either you are finishing your free trial or you have an active subscription. Also, you may want to stop Funimation from billing you. This article will guide you on how to cancel your Funimation subscription.
The Anime Republic of Funimation
Funimation is your one-stop-shop for anime. Although arguable, it is the most visited and used site by anime fans. Eugene Fukunaga founded Funimation in the 1990s. His second name is of Japanese origin, showing that Funimation has its roots there. This Japanese-ness should also explain why Funimation has the license to host so many East Asian anime and films.
The platform serves anime fans in the US and Canada. Other regions of the world, however, can access it effortlessly using a VPN.
Upon signing up, Funimation allows its users to enjoy Premium or Premium Plus subscription for a free 14-day period. After that, Funimation automatically bills the payment method each month.
Subscriptions, canceling and Funimation
A free Funimation account limits the user from accessing the entire Funimation library. For users of the Premium, Premium Plus, or Ultra-Premium Plus, the charges are $5.99/month, $7.99/month, and $99.99/year respectively. With paid packages, you get ad-free content and you can do your streaming business on two or more devices.
To cancel your Funimation subscription, follow these steps:
- On your modern browser, visit Funimation’s website.
If you were already logged in to Funimation, go to step number four to save some reading energy.
Assuming that you were not logged, you will be opened to the home page where Funimation.
- Click on the ‘Login’ button that is next to the magnifying glass icon.
- On the ‘Login’ page, enter your email address and password. Then, click the red ‘Sign In’ button. Funimation will open you up to your account’s home page.
- On the top-right corner, click on the purple icon with a white smile (the Funimation icon).
- On the tiny menu that shows, click the ‘My Account’ option. This will open the ‘My Account’ page under the ‘Profile’ tab.
- Click on the ‘Subscription’ tab.
- Then, click the down arrow that is next to the ‘Summary’ option.
- Under the ‘Summary’ section, you will see the details of your current subscription plan.
- Whatever your subscription is, you should see a purple hyperlink labeled ‘Cancel’ that is above the ‘Switch Plan’ one. Click on it. Funimation will redirect you to the ‘Cancel Plan’ page.
On the page, you will see a message about pricing, Premium Plus, and jeopardy. This touches on some changes that Funimation made on the price of the Premium Plus package in 2019. This should not scare you at all.
- Scroll down and click the red ‘Cancel subscription’ button. Upon clicking the button, Funimation will lead you to the ‘Cancel Survey’ page. Albeit unnecessary, Funimation would appreciate it if you left feedback.
From the survey, you can pick the reason why you canceled your subscription. It could be any of these (or not):
- Technical issues with the website
- Price/subscription fee is too expensive
- Not using service enough
- Having subscribed to another service
- Finding out that content you expected to be there isn’t there
- Having difficulty finding what I needed on the website
- Poor video quality
- Just taking a temporary leave
- My preferred viewing device is not supported
- Too many ads (oh, the interruption!)
- Patiently complete the rest of the survey and submit it by clicking on the red ‘Submit’ button. That will be all.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.