There are many tricks Android users should know, so they can get rid of the issues they might experience without the fuss and within minutes. If you own Honor 20, and the phone isn’t working properly, perhaps one of the apps you have installed recently is causing the trouble. How to be sure that’s the case? By booting the phone into the Safe mode. If you are not sure what steps to take in order to do so, keep reading. We are going to share a guide on how to boot Honor 20 into Safe mode.
See also: How to wipe cache partition on Honor 20
If you are still confused about the Safe mode, here is the explanation. When you enter the safe mode, all third-party apps you have on your phone will be disabled. You can use only the pre-installed ones. If the phone runs normally, without any issues you previously experienced, it means that one of the third-party apps is to blame. Once you exit the safe mode, you should either uninstall the apps one by one (starting with the ones you installed most recently), or you can go for a factory data reset and delete everything so that you can get a fresh start.
How to boot Honor 20 into Safe Mode
Here is how to boot your Honor 20 into Safe mode:
- First, you will have to power off your phone
- At the same time, press and hold the Power button and the Volume Up button
- Wait for a few seconds
- When you see Honor logo on the screen, release the Volume Up button but keep holding the Power button
- You will enter the Recovery mode
- Use the Volume buttons to highlight Safe mode
- Press the Power button to confirm
- The phone will reboot and it will enter the Safe mode
- If you have a PIN or a Pattern, you will have to enter it
- You will see Safe mode written in the bottom-left corner of the screen
Now use your phone for a while to see how it behaves. Once you decide to exit the Safe mode, press and hold the Power button and tap Restart.