Did you know that there are ways to block websites on the iPhone? If you knew that but did not know how to do that exactly or if you did not know that at all, then this in this article you can know how to block particular websites very easily on the iPhone. Whatever be the reason because of which you want to block those websites on your iPhones, you can do that. It can be useful in various cases particularly if you do not want adult content to be accessible on your iPhone. In the following steps, you may need to enter your iPhone passcode whenever asked. So, be ready with it.
Blocking adult content
If you want to block adult content on your iPhone but do not want to go through the lengthy process of manually putting particular websites on the blocked list, then the settings of the iPhone provide the option to do that too. For that, you just need to follow along with the steps mentioned here:
- Open the list of apps on the iPhone and choose to open the settings app from among them.
- You will see a list of options when you open the settings app. From these options, you need to select the ‘screen time’ option and tap on it to open it.
- Another list of options will be displayed now on the app screen. You need to tap on the ‘content and privacy restrictions’ option here to open it.
- A new options list will open and on the top of the list you will see a toggle button named ‘content and privacy restrictions’. You need to turn on this toggle button if it is off.
- If you are asked passcode, you need to provide it.
- Further down in the list, you will find the ‘content restrictions’ option. Tap on it.
- Then, in the new list which opens, tap on the ‘web content’ option.
- Now, you should see the ‘limit adult websites’ option. Tap on it to make sure this option has a tick-mark next to it.
- You are finished blocking adult content now and can close the settings app now.
Blocking specific websites
If you are very specific about which websites you want to block, you can follow these steps to do that:
- First, you will have to open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Now, tap on the ‘screen time’ option from the list of options displayed.
- Next, tap on the ‘content and privacy restrictions’ option.
- Make sure that the ‘content and privacy restrictions’ option is turned on.
- Tap to open the ‘content restrictions’ option.
- From the list of options displayed now, tap to open the ‘web content’ option.
- Ensure that the ‘limit adult content’ option has a tick-mark beside it.
- Now, under the ‘never allow’ heading, tap on the ‘add a website’.
- Enter the website address which you want to block and tap ‘Done’.
- Repeat the previous two steps for adding more websites, if any, to the blocked list.
Blocking all websites except a few
You can keep only a few websites accessible and block the rest of the websites on the iPhone too. Follow these steps for doing that:
- Open the Settings app on the iPhone.
- Now, tap to open in the specified order these options: ‘screen time’ > ‘content and privacy restrictions’ > ‘content restrictions’ > ‘web content’.
- Tap on the ‘allowed websites only’ to make sure that it has a tick-mark next to it.
- Next, under the heading ‘only allow these websites’, tap on the ‘add website’ option.
- Type the URL of the website you want to allow and then press ‘done’.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 until you have added all the websites which you want to allow.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.