In this article, we are going to be showing you how to block users on Houseparty, but, also, how to unblock users in this app too. So, stay tuned and keep reading this article if you want to find out how to block and unblock people in this wonderful application.
Steps to blocking someone on Houseparty
Some Houseparty users often complain that many people just invade their privacy and randomly pop-up in their video chats. This happens a lot because some of the video chats are not Private and they do not have the Private Mode enabled, so basically, everyone who finds that video chat is able to just join them. So to avoid that, you can either turn the Privacy Mode on, or block those users that have invaded your privacy and out of the blue joined your video chat session. And, here is how you can block those kinds of users:
- The first thing that you have to do is to open up the Houseparty application on your device. It does not matter which kind of device you are using, the steps are pretty much the same for all of the devices that support the Houseparty application.
- You will now either have to find the person that you want to block or, if you two ever chatted, open up the chat with them. Either way, when you do find that person that you want to block, a small gear icon should be located right next to their name. Click on it in order to open up some settings.
- A small pop-up menu is going to show up on your screen. You can either Ghost that person, Unfriend it, or Block/Report it. Click on that last option.
- Another pop-up window is going to show up asking you whether you want to report or block that user. Click on the Block option to continue.
- You should be able to see a notification message show up in the middle of your screen asking you to confirm that you are sure that you want to block that person. Since you are probably sure of that, click on the Block button at the end of that message.
And that is it, that person has now been blocked by you, and cannot send you any kind of messages or interact with you in any way on the Houseparty application.
Steps to unblocking someone on Houseparty
And, of course, there is a way to unblock people on Houseparty if you have maybe changed your mind about them, and want to give them another shot. And here is how you can do that:
- You will have to open up the Houseparty application on your device if you want to continue.
- The first thing that you are going to see when the app loads is the small circle icon that is in some kind of a larger oval object. Click on that small circle.
- Your keyboard is going to pop-up and you should be able to type in the name of the person that you have recently blocked. You can either enter their username or the full name that they have used in the app.
- When the top results show up, you should be able to see that person’s username and their avatar. But, right next to their name, the Unblock button should be located. Tap on that button to continue.
- A small pop-up message is going to show up on your screen asking you whether or not you really want to unblock that person. Confirm that message by clicking on the Confirm button.
And that is it, that person can send you messages from now on and interact with you on the Houseparty app.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.