Facebook is one of the world’s powerful and widely used social media to connect between people their friends, relatives and other loved ones. But also, this widely used tool comes with some toxicity in which some people just want to harass, tease and trouble you. Sometimes an argument between you and someone can turn very wild and you do not want to communicate again to him/her. To avoid such people, you can just block their account so that you may have stress-free experience on Facebook. If you’re asking yourself how to block and unblock people on Facebook, there are many different ways to do that.
See also: Top best Facebook games
Uses of blocking
- One cannot find your profile.
- One cannot see your posts.
- One cannot message you on Messenger.
- People who you blocked may not even know that you have blocked them until they search for your profile and couldn’t find it.
Block people from Facebook using PC
- Login to your Facebook account, navigate to the user’s profile you want to block by just searching their names.
- On their profile page, you can find three dots on the bottom right of their cover picture. Click on it.
- A small menu pops up, there is a block option in the last row of that menu, click on it. Another menu opens up asking for your confirmation. Just confirm it and you’ll end up blocking that person.
Block people from Facebook using Smartphone (Android/iOS)
- Open the Facebook app on your mobile device.
- Search for the user’s profile who you want to block and navigate to that.
- Click on the similar three dots icon below the user’s name, click on it and you will see block option.
- Click on the Block option and you will be taken to the confirmation page. Just hit confirm and you are good to go.
Note: There is also another way to block a person on Facebook. This method can be used in any device. Here are the steps to follow.
- Open your Facebook account in any of your devices.
- In the case of PC, click on the arrow in the top right corner and select the Settings option. In the case of mobile devices, click on the three-row line button in the top right corner and select Settings & Privacy option.
- Blocking option is available in that menu and just click on it.
- Type the person’s name in the search bar and find the user’s profile you want to block and then hit the block option. Then that user is blocked.
Unblock people from Facebook
After blocking a person, you may also want to unblock the same person due to several reasons. Maybe you compromised with that individual. In that case, let’s suppose you want to unblock that person. Yes, there is an option for that too. Let’s see how to do it.
Unblock people from Facebook using PC
- Open your Facebook account on your PC.
- Click on the arrow in the top right corner.
- Select the Settings option.
- Select the Blocking option in that menu and you can see the user’s name whom you already blocked.
- Click unblock option next to the name who you want to unblock and it will unblock that person.
Unblock people from Facebook using Smartphone (Android/iOS)
- Open your Facebook account on your mobile device.
- Click on the three-row line button in the top right corner.
- Select Settings & Privacy option.
- Select the Blocking option on that menu.
- You can see the user’s name whom you already blocked in the Blocked user’s section.
- Click unblock option next to their name and that’s it you have unblocked that user successfully.