In the sea of apps designed for chatting and video calling, Skype remains one of the best and most popular ones. The app includes various settings, and you can change the ones you want to match your desires and needs. One of the options you can find helpful is getting a notification when a contact comes online. Let’s say that you have some exciting news to share with your loved ones, but they are not online at the moment. You want to share the information as soon as they are online, and thanks to this option, you will be notified as soon as they log in. Great, right? Since this option is disabled by default, we will share the steps so that you can turn it on. Here is how to be notified when a contact comes online on Skype.
How to be notified when a contact comes online on Skype
Here is how to be notified when connections come online:
- Open Skype on your PC
- Next, click on three dots located right next to your profile photo
- In a drop-down menu, click Settings
- Next, click Notifications
- Under the “Notifications” section, find “Contact comes online notification.”
- The switch next to it will be in grey, meaning the option is disabled
- Click on the button to turn it on (when you do this, the switch will turn into blue color)
When contacts come online, you will see a notification in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
If you have many contacts on your list, this might not be your cup of tea. However, if you are waiting for a special someone to share some great news as soon as the contact logs in, you can enable this option for that purpose only. You can always turn it off later by following the same steps.