The Sims 4 offers a variety of options to the players, and developers are introducing many new things not only with expansion and stuff packs but with patches as well. Patch 42 brought lot traits that you can add to your house, apartment, or venues. For instance, thanks to a trait, the place can have a romantic aura or it will allow your Sims to learn certain skills faster. If you are wondering how to add lot traits in Sims 4, keep reading, we are going to show you all the steps.
How to add lot traits in Sims 4
Adding traits to the lots in the Sims 4 is pretty simple, even though it may not sound like that. Here are the steps:
- When you are playing a household, open Build mode
- Next, click on Lot info panel in the top-left corner of the screen
- Now, choose the traits for your lot
- To do that, click on ? under “Traits”
- The list of traits will open, and you can choose the ones you like the most
- Just click on the trait and it will be added
- Every lot can have up to 3 traits
- If there are some traits added, you can click on the X, remove the trait and replace it with another one
- When you are done, go back to Live mode.
There are several things to point out. Certain traits are not available for every lot type. Also, certain traits are locked to specific apartments, and you won’t be able to remove them and replace them with other traits.
You can add the traits to any lot you want. Go to the world in which the lot is placed, and click on the build mode to open it. Make desired changes the same way, by clicking on the Lot info panel.