Do you want to have multiple accounts on Instagram? Well, did you know that since February 2016, Instagram started allowing users to switch easily between their multiple accounts? Yes, it is true. Now, you can add at most 5 different Instagram accounts and switch between them without the need to log out of one account and log in to a different account. This feature is available on version 7.15 and higher for Android and iOS.
See also: How to download Instagram photos
Steps to add an existing Instagram account
If you already have an Instagram account and want to add it to the list of logged-in accounts in your Instagram app so that you can switch between them without the need to log out of your current account and then log in with the new account, here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Go to your profile from your smartphone app.
- Tap on the hamburger icon (the one with 3 horizontal lines).
- Tap on settings.
- Then tap on ‘add account’.
- Choose ‘log in to existing account’.
- Enter the login details of the account to be added.
- Tap log in and you are done.
- From your profile page, you can easily switch between your different accounts by swiping down from the top portion of the app screen.
- Keep in mind that you can only add at most 5 accounts in the Instagram app.
Steps to add a new Instagram account
If you want to create a new account for Instagram and add it to the list of logged-in accounts in your Instagram app, here are the steps to do so:
- From the profile page of the Instagram app on your smartphone, tap the hamburger icon.
- Then, go to settings.
- Now, you need to see for the ‘add account’ option and tap on it.
- Choose ‘create a new account’.
- Then choose a valid username and tap next.
- Choose to create new login details.
- You have to choose between adding a phone number or email address as your login detail then click next.
- Then you will be asked to verify your phone number or email address.
- After completing the verification, you will have to choose a password.
- Then follow along with the signup process by choosing to follow your friends with this new account, etc. If you complete this, it will result in the creation of your new account and you can log in with your new login details.
- If you want to switch between your different accounts, just go to your profile page and swipe down from the top portion of the app screen. Now, you will see a list of your added accounts. Just choose one of them to switch to that account.
- You should know that only 5 accounts at most can be added to the Instagram app.
To use a single login detail for multiple accounts
Instagram offers the feature to use the login details of only one of the linked accounts to log in to any of those. To turn on this feature, you need to follow these steps:
- In the profile section of your Instagram app, tap on the hamburger icon.
- Go to settings and choose the login info option.
- From the list of your linked Instagram accounts shown, select the one which you want to use for single login for your multiple Instagram accounts and then choose next.
So, if you followed these steps and chose to use a single login for your multiple Instagram accounts, then you will be logged in to all your Instagram accounts when you sign in with the single login that you selected in the above steps.