In this article, we are going to be showing you how to add some new contacts on Telegram and also how to delete contacts. Keep reading this article to get a full step by step guide.
See also: How to report spam on Telegram
Steps to adding a contact on Telegram
First of all, if you have that person’s number in your contacts on your phone, and if they also have an account on Telegram, their number will automatically be added to your Telegram contacts. So, if you have their number saved on your phone, just go to your Telegram contacts and search for that person there. You can start chatting with them right away if their number is already in your Telegram contacts.
If you have that person’s number, but they are not already in your phone’s contacts, here’s how to add them to Telegram.
- First, open the Telegram app on your device.
- When the home page opens up you will be able to see a little pencil button at the bottom right corner of your screen. Click on it to proceed.
- This is going to open up a new window on your screen. Find the plus button somewhere on that screen and tap on it.
- You are now able to add a new contact to Telegram. Type in their name and number, and when you are done click on the checkmark at the top right corner of your screen. By doing this, you are just adding a new contact to your Telegram account you will not have that contact saved to your phone.
You are also able to add a contact on Telegram if you know their username. If that is the case, follow these instructions down below:
- When you are in the app, click on the search button that is located in the top right corner of your device’s screen.
- A search bar is going to show up on your screen, in the search box type the username of that person that you want to add.
- When the search results show up on your screen, click on the person that you want to add.
- A chat with that person is going to open up now. Find the three-dotted button in the top right corner of the chat and click on it. By clicking on that button a few options and a drop-down menu should show up.
- The second option is the Share my contact option. When you click on that, you are automatically sending your phone number to that person so that they can add you. When they add you to their contacts, you will automatically have their phone number added to your contacts as well.
Steps to removing a contact on Telegram
Deleting and removing contacts from your Telegram contacts list is also a super easy process.
- Open the Telegram app on your device first.
- Then, go to the My Contacts section of the app.
- Find the contact that you want to remove and delete from your contacts list and click on their name. A chat with them should show up on your screen.
- When the chat opens up on your screen you will need to look for that person’s profile picture there. It is usually in the top left corner of your screen. Click on it to open their profile and some more options.
- You will now be able to see their profile. Find the three-dotted button and click on it to open a pop-up menu with some options.
- The last option in that pop-up menu should be the Delete option. Tap on it.
- A message is going to show up on your screen asking you whether you are sure that you want to delete that contact. Confirm by clicking on Ok at the end of that message.
And you are all done!