Do you have some app that you want to share with others and tell them how much you like it? And you do not want to do it by screenshotting the app and its features and then sending that screenshot to your friends. Well, you are in luck because there is a more efficient and better way of adding and sharing Android apps with others, via Google drive, of course! Adding and sharing apps that you like or have been using for a while with others via Google Drive is a straightforward and straightforward process. We will try our best to explain it in this step-by-step guide so that everyone could understand it.
See also: How to remove Google Drive on Mac
Steps to doing it:
- Since you are an Android user, you must have Google Play Store built into your phone system. Head over to the store and open it.
- Look for the three lines option in the top left corner of your screen, or swipe right so that the left sidebar would show up with more options.
- Click on the first option (it should be in the first place, if not, scroll a little until you find it), the My apps & games option.
- Since the first thing that will show up when you click on that option is the Updates tab, you should click on the Installed tab or swipe right.
- Select any app that you want to add to Google Drive or share it with others.
- When you click on the app, you will be taken to a new window where you will see all the app’s features and preferences. But, we need you to look for the three dots option that should be located at the top right corner of your phone screen. Click on it when you find it so a few more options would show up.
- You should now be able to see a small tab opened in the right half of your phone. You should click on the first option available in that tab, the Share option.
- A new window will open with the apps where you can share or save this app to. Scroll a little, or until the end (depending on how many apps you have downloaded and installed on your phone) until you find an option to Save to Drive. Tap on that option lightly.
- Another new window is going to show up. You will be able to give a new name to the document (the app you are adding) and select the account to which you want to add this app. You can also choose to which folder this app will be added by clicking on the Folder section and setting it up to the folder you want to.
- When you are done with the settings, click on the Save button, and you are finished!
If you are having some problems while doing the steps above:
If you are unable to do these steps above, there are a few things you can try doing.
- Check to see if you have a stable internet connection.
- Try the steps again.
- Restart your phone or turn it off for a certain amount of time, and then turn it on again.
- Uninstall the app, turn off your phone, turn it on and then install the app again.
- Seek help from Google’s support team for more information and some other possible solutions to this issue that you are having.