Windows 10 features a ton of great options that allow the users to get the most of their PCs. You can customize it all to match your needs and desires, and the best part of it all is that making any change is really simple. One of the cool things is the Startup folder that allows you to choose the programs that will start running as soon you start Windows. Here, we are going to show you how to access Windows 10 startup folder and how to add or remove programs.
Here is how to access Windows 10 Startup folder
To access Windows 10 startup folder:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows button and the R button at the same time
- When the Run window shows up, type shell:startup and hit Enter
- This will open a Startup folder
How to add or remove programs from the Startup folder
Once the Startup folder opens, you can add the programs to it. Everything you’ll add will start running as soon as you start Windows 10. So, make sure to add only the programs that you need right away.
To add a program:
- Right-click anywhere within a folder and then click New > Shortcut
- Select Browse to find the program you want to add to the Startup folder
- Once you find the program, select it and click OK
- Click Next, and then click Finish
If you want to remove a program from the Startup folder, just click on the program, and then click the Delete button that is located at the top.
As you can see, accessing the folder is super simple, and so is adding or removing the programs. Now you can make desired changes with just a few clicks.