Vibration not working is a very common problem on Samsung Galaxy S5 and you might also experience the same issue . However, the good news is that you can solve this all by yourself. The procedure below will help you to fix vibration not working issue on Samsung Galaxy S5.
Fix Vibration Not Working Issue On Samsung Galaxy S5
First, you need to test if you have a faulty vibration cord with the hardware testing function. For that, open dialer and dial *#7353# or *#0*#. If you find that it is faulty, then visit a repair shop and replace it.
If you find that the vibration cord is working fine then the next step is to identify the type of vibration problem. The vibration problem might either be no vibration or very low vibration. So perform a workaround by:
- Toggling vibration ON and OFF in the settings and check.
- Restart your phone and check again.
- Reset the Settings of your phone.
If all the above steps fail you will have to update your Samsung Galaxy S5 software. For that navigate to
- About device
- Software update
- Navigate to Messaging App
- Touch Menu key – left of the power button
- Click Settings
- Scroll down to notification tab
- Tap “Vibrate when notified“.
Then again navigate to:
- Vibration Intensity
- Make sure all the options are optimized, incoming call, notification, etc.
Now go to:
- Ringtone and notification tab
- Make sure that “Vibrate and ring” option is checked.
In case your Samsung Galaxy S5 is experiencing low vibration, you will have to replace the vibrator.
When there is no vibration at all, perform the following procedures:
- Clean the vibrator’s contacts and check.
- Check the vibrator using the multi-meter, in case there is no continuity between vibrator’s terminals you will need to change vibrator .
- Pull up or re-solder the vibrator’s contact pins and then check.
- Take some time to check on the vibrator’s contact pins continuity with Coil 1 and Coil 2, if faulty, replace them.
By doing a system dump, it can remove all the unnecessary /system stored files such as apps, ringtones, and wallpapers. To do that:
- Open Up Dialer
- Dial *#9900#
- Scroll down and Click “Low Battery Dump”
- Tap to Turn On.
Wiping your cache partition does not need any backup because it only clears temporarily stored cache on your system .
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S5
- Now press the Power button, Home button, and Volume Up button simultaneously and keep holding.
- Release the buttons when Samsung logo with written “Recovery booting” appears at the top of the screen.
- You are now at the android system recovery screen.
- Select Wipe Cache Partition using Volume down button and then use Power button to confirm your action.
- A notification written in yellow will be shown to you that says system cache has been removed.
- Now select Reboot System Now using Volume keys and hit the Power button to confirm.
- Your Galaxy handset will reboot now.
Please note that doing a factory reset will remove all your personal files, hence, you’ll need to backup your data on your Galaxy S5 before proceeding.
Steps to create backup:
- Head towards Settings> General> Backup & Reset and it will provide two options named as backup my data and automatic restores. Ensure those options are made on by ticking the checkbox next to them and it will backup details like Wi-Fi password, app data, Google settings and bookmarks automatically to Google server so that they can be retrieved again in case anything wrong happen with the device.
- Another useful and easiest way to create the backup is using Samsung account. For that go to application> settings> User and backup> Account and check if you are signed in with your Samsung account. If the option is made on, it will sync the contacts, calendar and internet settings to the Samsung account.
Once you are done with the backup, go ahead with the factory reset process, here is how to perform it in your Galaxy S5:
- Turn off your device first.
- Next, hold down the Home, Power, and Volume Up buttons altogether for few seconds till Android logo appears on the screen.
- Release the buttons then. Use Volume down button for highlighting any options and Power key to confirm it. So, highlight the factory reset option and confirm it using the power button.
- Next, select ‘delete all user data’ and confirm it.
- Wait for few seconds to see the ‘reboot system now’ option and select it. The phone will be restarted then and you need to set it up from scratch again.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.