Is your Samsung S8 charging slowly? Galaxy S8 slow charge can be a result of battery drainage and running applications. This issue should not be problematic once you make certain adjustments, such as closing open applications. It could be a phone problem, or the charger itself is not good. This article will share some valuable solutions. We are going to show you how to fix Samsung Galaxy S8 slow charging problems.
Guide: How to fix Samsung Galaxy S8 slow charging problem
Check your USB cable
Before attempting any of the solutions below, you need to check the USB cable. Ensure that the cable is clean. You can perform a test on another phone and try to find out if the charger is the problem. If the particular charger charges another phone fine, then the issue is not with the charger. If not, then try to clean the charger with a pin or replace it.
Restart your device in safe mode
Restart your device in safe mode. It will help you to determine if a third-party application is causing the problem. If your phone charges at an average pace, then a third-party application is causing the problem. Please follow the steps below to charge a device in safe mode.
- Turn the device off.
- Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen.
- Wait until “SAMSUNG” appears on the screen, release the Power key.
- Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
- Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device is finished restarting.
- The safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.
Uninstall third-party apps
Removing third-party applications can help your phone to charge and function normally. If you have recently installed any application before this problem, then uninstall the app. Your device will charge at an average pace once applications that are disrupting your device are removed.
Steps to uninstall apps:
- Go to Menu
- select Settings
- Tap on More
- Click on Application Manager
- Select Downloaded section
- Select the app and tap uninstall
Close background application
Closing background applications can help you fix Samsung Galaxy S8 slow charging issues. Open applications can slow down the charging process. It is best to charge your phone when you are not using it.
- You can bring up the background apps by clicking and holding the home button and then releasing it when you see the recently used apps screen.
- Click on “End all applications” in the task manager section
- Click on the “RAM” option at the top of your screen.
Dump of system
System dump is another thing that can help to resolve slow charging issues. It is a simple solution that is worth a try. To perform this step, follow the below steps.
- Click on “Dialer”
- Type in (*#9900#)
- Choose “Low Battery Dump” at the bottom of the page.
- Choose “Turn On.”
Getting rid of cached data is a perfect solution to slow charging. You can do this by performing a master reset. Ensure that you save the essential data and information you need before performing this step.
- Click on the Setting app.
- Choose Accounts
- Click on “Back Up and Reset”
- You may need to unlock your screen to this one but select “Reset device.”
- Once there, click on “Delete all.”
The above solutions are helpful if your Samsung Galaxy S8 is charging slowly. Hopefully, all the solutions above did restore your device. If not, you can leave a comment below, and further instructions will be given to you.