If you noticed that your HTC One M9 is not working as it used to and if it is freezing, lagging, and delivering slow performance there are plenty of things you can do to fix this problem. When using a smartphone for some period of time, these issues are normal because we download then delete tons of apps, and junk keeps piling up. All that may slow down your device and cause all kinds of issues. In this article, we are going to show you how you can fix performance issues on HTC One M9. Just follow the step-by-step guide, and once you are done your smartphone will run smoothly again.
You may also read: How To Fix HTC One M9 Overheating Issue
Ways to fix performance issues on HTC One M9
Solution No.1: Restart your device
If you just noticed your device is running slower than usual, the first thing you should do in order to fix performance issues on HTC One M9 is to restart your device. To do that, press and hold the Power button and tap on the “Restart” option.
Solution No.2: Make sure the software is up to date
Many of us do not think about the software update until the problem pops up. Software updates bring the fixes for all kinds of issues, but that is not all. The updates come with performance, stability and battery life improvements, which means that once you update it, you will get the most out of your phone, and that is exactly what you want to achieve. We should also mention that a new version can introduce the brand-new features, which certainly is a plus point. You can check for the software update manually at any time just by following a few simple steps:
- Navigate to Settings and tap on the “System Update” option
- Tap Check for new system update
- If there is an update available tap “Download”
- Once download process is done tap Install
- Click OK.
Solution No.3: Clear app cache and data
Are you experiencing a problem when using a particular application? Perhaps it is a keyboard or one of your favorite games? If this is the case, you should clear app cache and data. Go to Settings > Phone > Apps and choose the “All” tab. Find that app, tap on it and then tap Clear Cache. If the problem is still there, go back to Settings > Phone > Apps > All, find the app, tap on it and then tap Clear Data.
Solution No.4: Safe mode
One of the third-party apps can be responsible for the slow performance. To make sure that is the case, you should boot your device into the safe mode because in the safe mode all third-party apps will be disabled. If your device is working fine, you can either uninstall the apps one by one, or you can give your device a fresh start by performing factory data reset (we will explain it below). To boot your device into safe mode:
- Press and hold the Power button and keep holding it until “Phone options” shows up
- Press and hold the Power off and keep holding until you see “Reboot to safe mode”
- From the prompt “Reboot to safe mode”
- Tap OK
- When the smartphone reboots, you will see the Safe mode in the screen’s lower-left part.
Solution No.5: Wipe the cache partition
Temporary files, junk, and corrupted files can be the reason why the performance of your HTC One M9 is poor. What you need to do is to wipe the cache partition. Here are the steps:
- Turn off your HTC One M9
- Press and hold Volume Down key
- To turn your phone back on press and hold the Power button and let it go when the smartphone vibrates but you need to keep holding the Volume Down
- Release the Volume Down key when red and blue lines appear on the screen
- Press Volume Down Key twice to highlight “reboot to bootloader” and use the Power button to select it
- The white screen will appear
- Press the Volume Down button three times to highlight “BOOT TO RECOVERY MODE” and use the Power button to select it
- Press Volume button three times and highlight “Wipe the Cache Partition” and use the Power button to select that option
- When it’s completed, press the Power button and select the “Reboot system now”.
Solution No.6: Factory data reset
Before you start with factory data reset, it is essential to backup your data. The files you stored on the phone, the settings you adjusted according to your needs and the apps you downloaded will be wiped out. So, first backup your files. Next, do the following:
- Go to Settings
- Tap Backup & Reset
- Tap Reset Phone
- You will see the option “Erase your SD card”, check it if you want the content from your device to be deleted too
- Tap OK.
By following the steps we shared in this article, you will notice the difference right away – your device will run smoothly again!
Image Source: www.knowyourmobile.com
You may also read: How To Fix Auto Rotate Not Working On HTC One M9