Smartphones seem to be lifeless without internet. There cannot be anything more frustrating than problematic WiFi. At times, things may look perfectly fine with and even your WiFi maybe showing a strong signal but your apps don’t work. There are different types of WiFi issues that one could face such as the connection that keeps dropping, slow WiFi, unable to connect to WiFi or WiFi settings greyed out. Here are some ways on how to fix iPhone X WiFi issues.
First, try the following:
- Toggle Wi-Fi
- If that doesn’ change a thing, toggle Airplane mode
Read also- How To Reset Face ID On iPhone X
Methods To Fix iPhone X Wi-Fi Issues
Reset Network Settings
Besides just clearing the network information and DHCP settings this step will also flush out caches. Most WiFi problems are fixed with this simple process. Here is how you can reset your network settings for iPhone X.
Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings – tap on this option.
Turn Off WiFi Networking Services
This step has also helped several users to solve the WiFi issues. For this you need to go to:
Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services > WiFi Networking – turn this option off.
WiFi networking is not linked to WiFi and is only related to location services. Your WiFi will not be affected if you turn it off.
A force restart helps in solving the problem of a dropping connection and solves the iPhone X Wi-Fi issues. Apple has changed the way to force or hard restart iPhone X. Here is what you need to do:
- Press the Volume Up button and release
- Press the Volume Down button and release
- Now press and hold the Side/Sleep/Wake button and wait till you see the Apple logo before you let the button go.
The Volume Up and Volume Down buttons should be pressed and released quickly.
Forget the Wi-Fi Network and Connect Again
If you get continuous prompts which says that you have input a wrong password then you should try forgetting the network and then join it back once again. Follow the steps:
- Settings > WiFi > Tap WiFi and select Forget This Network when you get the prompt
- Exit the screen and wait for 10-20 seconds. Now head back to
- Settings > WiFi > Select the network and then enter the password > Join the network
This may solve your WiFi problems.
Set Custom DNS
Sometimes there could be a problem on the DNS server. You can try switching it to OpenDNS or Google DNS. Here is what you can do.
- Go to Settings on your iPhone X
- Now go to WiFi and locate your connection and tap on the ‘i’ icon beside it
- Go down and see the DNS section and then tap over the number written beside it
- You will now be able to enter a new DNS address.
For OpenDNS, you can use
For Google DNS you can use
There are other DNS available too, and you will have to use a third-party tool to find out which is the best for you.
The above solutions are easy to follow and will help you solve iPhone X Wi-Fi Issues.
Read also- Pros And Cons Of iPhone X
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.