We rely on cellular data when we are not connected to Wi-Fi. Most smartphones, features, and apps these days need an internet connection to work smoothly. Sometimes cellular data may give problems which will further hinder several functions on your smartphone. Those who own an iPhone 8 can follow the tips below to solve the iPhone 8 cellular data issues.
See also: How to Enable Find My iPhone on iPhone 8
Ways To Fix iPhone 8 Cellular Data Issues
Cellular Data Should be Enabled
The first thing you need to do is to make sure the cellular data on your iPhone 8 is on. Here is how to do that:
- Go to Settings > Cellular> Cellular Data and toggle it ON.
Check if Cellular Data is Enabled for the Apps
Most of us have enabled apps to run only with Wi-Fi. When Wi-Fi is not available these apps will not work. You need to check and turn on the access, so the apps may function with cellular data. Here is how to fix cellular data issues by enabling data access for the apps:
Go to Settings > Cellular – there will be a list of apps with a toggle button. If there is a specific app for which the cellular data is OFF then you need to toggle it ON.
Note: If you scroll further down in the same page you will find “Wi-Fi Assist” option. If you toggle this button ON then your iPhone 8 will keep a track of the Wi-Fi connection. As your device goes out of Wi-Fi range or drops on signal strength it will switch to Cellular Data. You can keep this ON if you find it a nuisance to keep coming back to change the settings.
Check if Airplane Mode is ON
Another thing to do is to make sure that Airplane mode is off. Your cellular data including other internet related functions of your phone will not work.
- Go to Settings > Airplane Mode – check if it is toggled OFF.
Restart the iPhone 8
If you find that the cellular data on your device is ON and even the apps have been enabled to work on then restart your iPhone 8 to check if the problem is solved.
- Press the Side button of your iPhone 8 and then slide the Power button on your screen to turn it off. Hold the Side button till the Apple logo appears and then release it.
Force Restart the iPhone 8
Another possible way to fix iPhone 8 cellular data issues is a force restart. If a soft restart doesn’t work then a force restart may fix this issue. Some users have complained that the Cellular Data option of their iPhone 8 has been greyed out and cannot be toggled OFF or ON. A force restart is just what is required at this point. Here is what you need to do:
- First press and let go of the Volume Up button
- Next press and let go of the Volume Down button
- Press and keep holding the Side button and wait till you see the Apple logo
Once your device turns on, see if the cellular data is working.
Reset Network Settings
Your entire data connections will be restored to factory defaults if you reset the network settings of your iPhone 8. All your saved passwords, Wi-Fi networks, paired Bluetooth devices, server settings etc. will all be erased. This is a workaround when we are facing any network related problems. Here is what you need to do to reset network settings:
- Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings – enter the passcode when prompted > Confirm the reset
Check for Carrier Settings Update
Sometimes there could be a problem with the cellular data if there is a Carrier update pending. Follow the steps below to check for Carrier Settings Update:
- Go to Settings > General > About – if there is a Carrier update you will be able to see it here. Tap on Update to download and install.
Check for Software Update
Apple is pretty regular on its software releases and updates. There is possibly a software update which is out but you haven’t installed it.
- Go to Settings > General > Software Update – if there is a new software update available you can tap on it to download and install.
Factory Reset the iPhone 8
If nothing seems to work then the best way to fix iPhone 8 cellular data issues is a Factory Reset. A Factory Reset gives your phone a fresh start. Most problems faced on a smartphone are fixed after a factory reset. Remember to take a back-up first and then follow the steps below.
- Go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings > Erase iPhone
Follow this guide to fix any type of Cellular data issues on your iPhone 8. The solutions are quite easy to follow and will help you solve all iPhone 8 cellular data issues.
See also: How To Speed Up The iPhone 8
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.