Sharing activity in mobile world is one of the main topics since 2008, when push notification technology became a serious part of mobile operating system development. This is followed by various sharing application support options made by the developer. What would social media be without the sharing option? One of the famous and leading social media in term of photo/video sharing is Instagram.
Instagram is social media photo/video sharing which was launched in October 2010 and it was acquired by Facebook in April 2012. On February 27, 2013, Instagram announced 100 million active users, only 2 and a-half years after the app was launched. The company has announced there were more than 150 million active users on September 9, 2013.
With such an impressive number of active users, the developer keeps on fixing and improving the application and service. This fixing and improving process may affect the app, and it may start acting strangely. Perhaps you have experienced issues such as freezing and crashing while you are uploading the photo. If that’s the case, check out the following steps:
How to Fix Instagram Crash Issue when Uploading a photo
- Make sure your iPhone is connected to a strong Internet resource, because you might not be able to upload photos with a weak internet signal. If you are using cellular data, make sure that you still have enough internet quota on your mobile data.
- Make sure that you are running the latest version of Instagram and iOS.
- If your internet signal is good and strong, check your iPhone’s storage on Settings >> General >> Usage, if your iPhone doesn’t have enough free space, you may experience these kind of issues. Delete some files to free up some space.
- Make sure Background App Refresh is On and Allow Instagram to access Photos and Camera as well. Or try to turn them off, and turn it on again. To be able to do that, you can go to Settings >> (scroll down) >> Instagram.
- Try to close Instagram by double clicking home button, swipe to the right to find Instagram, and then simply swipe up.
- If you are still facing the issue, try to power off your iPhone, and then power it back on.
- If the steps above didn’t fix the issue, then try to uninstall and then re-install your Instagram app. Press and hold the Instagram icon until it starts shaking. Tap on the X on the app icon to delete it. Then re-download Instagram from the App Store.