Although the Z10 has a removable 1,800mAh battery, there are some few minor issues with this battery that users are facing. Recently, I have gotten a complaint by a Blackberry user, stating that every time his Blackberry is at 25% the phone would automatically shut off. While some people may conclude that it’s some software or update issues, well it’s not.
I have just recently bought a blackberry z10,its less than two months old but surprisingly it cannot run with its battery level at/below 25%,i dnt get warning signs for low battery anymore,it just switches off,what could be the problem?
There are several reasons why your blackberry Z10 Turn off at 30-15%. One of the reasons is security wipes. Security wipes should be taken keenly with precautions because when a user updates his Blackberry and performs a security wipe it affects the calibration sensor, thus causes the battery to die at a low percentage.
How To Fix BlackBerry Z10 Battery Dies At 30-15%
For this guide to be effective, you must be running the most recent operating system of Blackberry. There are three ways to update your blackberry Z10:
- On the web
- Using BlackBerry® Link
- From your smartphone (over-the-air)
Navigate to the official Blackberry website to Update your Blackberry Z10
After you are on the latest OS, proceed with the instructions .
See also: How to Fix BlackBerry Slow Wi-Fi Issue
Battery Re-Calibration -Fix Z10 Battery Dies at 30-15%
By re-calibrating your Blackberry Z10 battery it will restore its full potential and capacity.
Source – Wikipedia
If overheated or overcharged, Li-ion batteries may suffer thermal runaway and cell rupture. In extreme cases this can lead to combustion. Deep discharge may short-circuit the cell, in which case recharging would be unsafe. To reduce these risks, Lithium-ion battery packs contain fail-safe circuitry that shuts down the battery when its voltage is outside the safe range of 3–4.2 V per cell. When stored for long periods the small current draw of the protection circuitry itself may drain the battery below its shut down voltage; normal chargers are then ineffective. Many types of lithium-ion cell cannot be charged safely below 0°C
By Preforming a full Re-Calibration, it will make your blackberry Z10 battery more accurate. Following are the steps for that:
- Remove the battery from your Blackberry
- Plug in original charger into your blackberry without the battery inserted, VIA PC. Do not connect it to the wall socket
- Leave it there plugged in for 30 minutes
- After that insert the battery without removing the charger
- Let the blackberry charge to 100%
- When the battery is fully charged remove the charger
- Let your Z10 drains to 0%(Discharge) ( Do intensive CPU usage tasks, Play games, stream videos etc.)
- Repeat these steps twice
- The battery will subsequently receive it’s charging cycle
- By performing this 3 times in every 6 months, will keep your battery in good standing.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.