BlackBerry Torch is packed with various features. It comes with a touchscreen that made this handset different from any other BlackBerry sets. However, some owners of BlackBerry Torch are complaining that they are facing a problem with their smartphones. The phone is stuck at start-up screen. One user has reported that at the time of restarting he faced the BlackBerry Torch stuck at startup screen problem. The phone started booting with the BlackBerry logo and loading bar, then in the middle, the loading bar froze. The user also said that whenever he faces the BlackBerry Torch stuck at startup screen problem, he pulls out the battery from the phone to get rid of this problem, but the loading bar kept freezing.
Another user also has reported the same problem. His BlackBerry Torch stuck at startup screen after completing the loading bar 2/3.
See also: How to fix error 507 message
Solution of BlackBerry Torch stuck at startup screen Problem
To get rid of BlackBerry Torch stuck at startup screen problem, you may require wiping the device and then reloading the OS again. To do this follow the below steps:
1. First, locate your carrier and the OS file you want to use.
2. Before proceeding through the steps, create a backup of your device data. To do that, go to or download Desktop Manager, then back up. After completing the process, close Desktop Manager and unplug the BlackBerry Torch.
3. Download the OS file on your PC and install it.
4. On your PC, go to c: program files common files research in motion app loader and deletes the file “vendor.xml”.
5. Now disconnect the internet connection from PC and reboot it.
6. Connect BlackBerry Torch using the USB cable and double click on the file named “Loader.exe”. The file is located in the same place where the “vendor.XML” file was in.
7. The new OS will be loaded
8. It will become self-explanatory
9 when finish Do a battery pull.
10. When new OS is loaded, restore a backup by going to Blackberry Desktop manager > browse Restore files.
If there is any problem with the USB cable such as if the cable is broken, and you are not able to connect the phone to your PC, you can try safe mode to resolve the BlackBerry Torch stuck at startup screen problem.
Safe mode is designed to remove the unwanted applications, and it also prevents the third-party applications from running automatically when the phone is starting.
1. First of all, remove the battery from the BlackBerry Torch then insert it back.
2. When you see the red LED goes out, press the Escape key and hold it until the loading bar appears.
3. Now when the Smartphone boots up the safe mode, click on the OK option.
4. Remove all Applications that you recently downloaded as they might be the cause of heavy load on your boot up.
But try to follow the first process to fix the BlackBerry Torch stuck at startup screen problem. In case there is some problem with USB cable, you can think of the second option.
Related – Z10 Review 2014 all you need to know
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.