Apple has released the updated version of iOS 9.2.1 build 13D20 to fix ‘error 53’ on the iPhone. For the iPhone user who experienced ‘error 53’, this new updated version will allow you to restore your device successfully by using iTunes on Mac or PC. They released this version 2 week after they officially announced the warning not to replace the touch ID home button by the unauthorized technician because it can cause ‘error 53’.
Furthermore, Apple explained, the ‘error 53’ is the information that appears if the security test failure occurs during the update process or restore of the iPhone. One of the security components to pass the security test is the touch ID home button. If you have ever changed the touch ID home button by the unauthorized technician, the error will appear. Actually, the error warning is addressed to the manufacturers, instead of users.
“This test was designed to check whether Touch ID works properly before the device leaves the factory, and wasn’t intended to affect customers”.
Apple gives the easy steps in order to overcome ‘error 53’ as follow:
- If iTunes is open on your Mac or PC, quit iTunes.
- If your iOS device is plugged into your computer, unplug it.
- Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes.
- Connect your iOS device to your computer with a USB cable.
- Open iTunes and select your device.
- When you see the option in iTunes to Restore or Update, click Restore.
- When you see your iOS device’s Hello screen, follow the on-screen steps to set up your device. If you previously backed up your device, you can set up from your backup. When you see the screen for Touch ID, tap Set up Touch ID later.
- If Touch ID on your device didn’t work before you saw error 53, the feature still won’t work after you restore your device. Contact Apple Support to ask about service options for Touch ID.
Previously, there were many reports regarding ‘error 53’ and Apple has to face the class-action lawsuit toward this issue. This iOS firmware update to solve an error is the first time done by Apple, while before this, Apple has not provided the fix update for the other error, like error 9, which occurred on the iPhone or iPad.
The other news: Meizu To Release The Fastest Ubuntu Smartphone