FaceTime is one of the top apps designed for making video calls. It is fun and easy to use, available for iPhone, iPad, and Mac. If you are using the app on your computer but having some issues, keep on reading. When FacetTime not working on Mac, there are several things to try in order to put things back to motion.
See also: MacBook Pro running slow – How to fix it
One of the most frequent errors related to FaceTime on Mac is that FaceTime might not work correctly if you face any Internet-related issues such as slow connectivity.
Some other causes include improper FaceTime & system settings and system bugs. Some errors may appear due to the Mac OS updates and some, due to specific errors on your account as well.
In this article, we are going to discuss some of the common fixes for you FaceTime, and we recommend you to open your app after applying any of the mentioned fixes (before moving onto the next fix) so that you can confirm whether the particular suggestions has worked or not.
The first fix is about rebooting your FaceTime app. It helps when your FaceTime was working absolutely fine just few moments before the error. It is possible that some system bug has occurred and you can avoid it by simply restarting your FaceTime. To close the app, you can follow the steps mentioned below:
- Press three buttons (Command, option, and Escape) on your keyboard at the same time.
- Upon pressing these buttons, you will see a screen with the “Force Quit” button.
- Choose the FaceTime app.
- Finally, click on “Force Quit”.
You should quit all other apps as well, which are running in the background and are not necessary, so that possibility of any bug is eradicated.
Another critical step is to verify your MAC’s date and time because due to the wrong date and time, FaceTime will not allow you to make calls and send messages. To correct your date and time, follow these steps:
- Press the Apple icon and select system preferences from the drop-down menu
- Select Date and Time from the System Preferences
- Just click on set date & time automatically
- Finally, make sure the automatic date and time is correct and is in accordance with the time in your country
If the errors you get are related to your verification or related to your email and phone information and you cannot make calls or send messages, then it is recommended to correctly re-enter and check information on your FaceTime account. It is possible that the error appeared due to wrong login credentials. To verify your information, follow the steps below:
- Launch the FaceTime app on your MAC.
- Then click FaceTime.
- Choose Preferences from FaceTime.
- Press the drop-down button on the menu and verify your email address and phone number in settings.
As discussed earlier in this article, Internet connectivity is one of the significant reasons why the issues may appear. You can try connecting and disconnecting your Mac from the Internet to check whether FaceTime works or not. To disconnect from the network, you can follow these steps:
- First of all, open the Apple menu
- Then select the “System Preferences” option from the menu
- Select the Network control panel from the preferences
- Then click on the Wi-Fi section and select your Wi-Fi connection
- And finally, disconnect your Mac machine from your network
After disconnecting you should restart your MAC so that all the small bugs are cleared out from the system. Once the machine restarts simply connect to your internet network again and check whether the app works now or not. If not, proceed to the next option.