Find My iPhone is a useful feature which helps in locating your iPhone, Mac, iPad and even iPod Touch if they are stolen. The feature needs to be enabled on your device so that you can make use of its service. Here is how to enable Find My iPhone on iPhone 8.
See also: How To Speed Up The iPhone 8
Steps to Enable Find My iPhone on iPhone 8
- Go to Settings on your iPhone 8
- Here tap on Accounts & Passwords and next select iCloud. Here you may be asked to enter the details of your Apple ID.
- Scroll to locate Find My iPhone and tap on it
- Here you will see two options Find My iPhone and Send Last Location. Make sure both these options are ON.
- Setting up Find My iPhone activates the Activation Lock on your iPhone 8. If Find My iPhone feature needs to be turned off then your Apple ID is required. The Activation Lock adds a layer of security to your device. In case your iPhone is stolen or lost others won’t be able to use or sell it.
Once the Find My iPhone feature is enabled on your iPhone 8 you can easily locate your phone. You can play a sound to help you find it if you think it is somewhere near you. If lost, the device can also be locked and tracked or you can erase all the personal information stored on your iPhone remotely.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.