Discord allows users to stay in touch with their friends in the easiest way possible. You can chat over video, voice, or text, it is up to you. While Discord is one of the favorite sports for gamers, it is also a choice of many who love simple and easy-to-use services. Among many useful features, Discord has screen share as well. It allows you to share your screen with another person, but what to do when Discord screen share not working? We have some suggestions, so keep reading.
See also: How to turn off Discord overlay
Discord screen share not working – Ways to fix it
If the screen share isn’t working, try the following:
- Restart your computer – this is the first thing you should try. The issue with screen share could be just a bug that can be resolved with a restart.
- Run Discord as administrator – the next thing to try is to run the app as administrator. To do that, right-click on the app and select the option Run as administrator. You can do the same with the game you are playing.
- Disable “Use our latest technology option” – to turn it off, launch Discord, then go to Settings > Voice & Video tab and then toggle the Use our latest technology to capture your screen to disable it.
- Update graphic drivers or reinstall them
- If the game is in the full-screen mode the screen share won’t work, so make sure to switch to windowed mode
- Disable Hardware Acceleration – launch Discord and go to Settings. Click the Appearance tab and then turn off Hardware Acceleration
- Remove Discord from your computer. Once you uninstall it, download and install it all over again.
You may also read: How to report a Discord server