An iPhone is well known as “an easy to use” device, and Apple provided a wide range of features and tools we can use, so our experience is always great. When we use the apps and features frequently, we manage everything with ease. On the other hand, an issue we all have is when we need to do something we rarely do, or something we have never done before. I will give you an example. Users rarely decide to delete all contacts only.
On iOS devices, including the iPhone, we know how to delete 1 contact in the contact application. Only two steps are needed:
1. Tap the contact that you want to delete, then tap edit (1)
2. Scroll to the bottom, then click delete
But what if you want to delete all your contacts? Are you going to do that one by one? Well, I must say that Apple itself isn’t too clear on this. We are going to share a simple guide on how to delete all contacts. There are two options.
iCloud on your iPhone has been activated, and you backed up your contacts on iCloud
To delete all contacts on your iPhone without losing your contacts on iCloud account, you just need to swipe off Contacts at iCloud settings on the iPhone. Go to Settings >> iCloud, then choose delete from My iPhone.
The contacts are not synced iCloud on the iPhone, and you are not planning to sync them anytime soon. You just want to delete all your contacts, without deleting any other data.
The method is the iTunes sync. Before you do this, you have to make sure that there are no contacts in the Contacts application on Mac
- Plug your iPhone until it’s detected on iTunes application.
2. On device section choose info (1), check checkbox sync Contacts (2) then check checkbox replace information on this iPhone and choose Apply after that
How to Delete All Contacts via iCloud completely
NOTE: You have to think twice if you want to use the first one, because this method will delete all contacts on your iPhone and iCloud completely. Deleting all contacts via www.icloud.com will also delete all contacts on all your devices which sync with the same Apple ID. If you really want to delete your contacts, no matter what your reasons are, this method is suitable.
- Open URL www.icloud.com, sign in by using your Apple ID, choose contact (1)
2. Click gear icon (1) then click select all (2). Go back click gear icon (1) then click delete (3)