Android quick settings is a very useful feature that makes things easier and the users have an opportunity to customize this Quick settings tray, which is awesome. Thankfully, the latest version of Android, 7.0 Nougat comes wrapped up with this feature and users can go for customizing it to get the best out of it. But in order to customize the quick settings for Android Marshmallow, users are required to enable a hidden feature, System UI tuner first. The process to customize Quick settings is explained below for each version of Android.
See also: How to change app icons on Android
Methods To Customize Android Quick Settings
Android 7.0 Nougat
Android 7.0 Nougat comes with a built-in customization feature for Quick settings, so the process is not difficult enough, just a few steps and you will be good to go. The best part is you are not required to either root or enable any feature in order to customize the Android drop down menu in Quick settings. Here is the step by step process for that.
- First, swipe down the screen to have the pull-down notification and quick settings panel.
- Next, pull down the screen one more time which will bring the complete Quick settings menu. You will notice an Edit button at the bottom right corner of the same page, just tap on that which will allow you to customize the quick settings Android tray.
- In order to arrange any icon, just long press, drag and drop that in the desired place and that’s all. To delete something, long press the icon and drag that to the required place. Similarly, you can add some custom apps as well in the quick settings menu. Custom apps are available in the play store but that should be first installed on your device and then go for adding it to the quick settings menu.
Almost 9 icons stay on each page while normally two pages are there for Quick settings menu and you can easily navigate to another page by swiping it.
Android 6.0 Marshmallow
If you have upgraded your device to Android 6.0 Marshmallow then the good news is that you are not required to root your device for customizing the Quick settings menu rather just a hidden features, is to be enabled and it will provide you enough room for customization. So, the process is explained here in full detail.
Step 1: Enable System UI Tuner
This is the first step in Marshmallow to customize Android Quick settings. For customization, System UI tuner should be enabled first.
- Swipe down the screen first to get the Quick settings panel and notification area.
- Swipe again which will get you the Quick settings.
- A gear icon will appear on the same page at the top of the screen. Just long press on that till a message is being shown to you saying ‘congratulations’, the System UI Tuner is being added to the settings.
Step 2: Customize Android Quick Settings
So, you have successfully enabled the System UI Tuner and now the customization can be done easily following some easy steps.
- Go to the app drawer from the home screen of your device and head towards settings.
- Open the System UI Tuner option then that will be available under the about phone or about tablet section.
- Tap on that option and Google will warn you that this System UI Tuner feature is experimental which may change, disappear or break in the future release. Just read it and then dismiss to tap in the Quick settings
- Now you can rearrange, remove or add some apps in the quick settings menu just by long-pressing and drag the icons.
- In case you wish to get back the default layout, just go to the menu button and press on ‘reset’.
Other Android versions
In case you are not using Nougat or Marshmallow version but the previous version and still want to customize the Android Quick settings then root your android device and it will let you customize the Quick settings menu in Android along with other things.
So, the process to customize Android Quick settings menu is explained in this article, you can follow the needed procedure depending which Android version you are using and saves lots of unused space by removing the unused items while rearranging the icons will offer a new and helpful look to your device.
See Also: Top best Android games for kids
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.