Firefox, Chrome and Safari are three of the most popular browsers out there on both desktop and mobile platforms. Today we will explain to you how to clear the cache on these three browsers. It seems that are not many users who are clearing the cache on their browsers and this is not very good because the devices become sluggish.
Now, most of you are wondering why you should clear the cache on your browser. Well, first of all, you should know that your browser is holding information about the websites you visit in order to speed the web page loading times. Unfortunately, in time some of these old files can cause some web pages to not load properly because the browser is trying to bring up an older version of the website, which was probably updated in the meantime.
However, you can avoid this issue by clearing your history, cookies and cache. Before we tell you how you can do that, we will talk a bit more about cookies and make you understand a bit more about how they work.
Firefox: How To Clear Cache
- Open the Firefox browser and head to “History” menu and select “Clear Recent History” (if you don’t see the menu bar it means that it is hidden and you need to press “ALT” button on the keyboard to make it appear);
- After that, head to “From the time Range to clear” and make sure that you select the time range you want to clear. We need to mention that you also have the possibility to clear the entire cache by selecting “Everything”;
- After that, head to “Details” and click on the down arrow to select the parts of history that you want to clear (to clear everything you will need to select all items);
- Click on “Clear Now” and restart your browser.
Chrome: How To Clear Cache
- Open the browser on the address bar write “chrome://settings/clearBrowserData” (this can also be done by pressing CLTR+Shift+Delete);
- You can also click on the three vertical dots that are located on the right of your address bar and select “History->Clear browsing data”;
- You will notice a box popping on your screen, where you will need to pick the period of time you want to clear cached information (to clear the entire cache just select “the beginning of time”;
- After that, you need to make sure that following boxes are checked: cached images and files, cookies and other site and plug-in data, download history and browsing history;
- Finally, click on “Clear browsing data” and close the tab.
Safari: How To Clear Cache
In order to access the right menu, you will need to press the Command+Shift+Delete, but you can also click on the Safari menu and choose “Clear History and Website Data.” After that, you will need to select the time range of web pages that you want to clear and click on “Clear History.” Now you will need to close the Safari browser and open it back and you will have a browser with cleared cache.