Most of the social networks allow its members to change the username, including Instagram. Perhaps you are bored with the current username and want to spice things up a bit? We are going to show you how to change your username on Instagram. It is quite simple, just follow our guide below and you’ll be done in a few seconds.
You can change your Instagram username right from the app, no matter if you are using Android or iPhone. If that doesn’t suit you, you can also change it from Instagram’s web page. It’s up to you. We will share both methods.
See also: How To Use Instagram On Windows 10
How to change your username on Instagram: App
To change your Instagram username from the app, follow the steps below:
- Launch Instagram on your smartphone
- Next, go to your Profile
- Now, click Edit your profile or go to the Settings menu and select Edit profile
- Now tap on your username, delete it, and write the new one
- If the username you want is already taken, choose another one
- Click Save or Done in the top right
That’s it. You have successfully changed your Instagram username.
How to change your username on Instagram: The Web
As I’ve said before, you can also change your Instagram username on the web page. Let’s see how:
- Open your browser
- Go to Instagram’s web page
- Go to your profile
- Click Edit Profile
- Click on the username field
- Remove your current name and enter the new one
- If the username is taken, enter another one
- When you are done, click Submit at the bottom.
That would be all. You have now changed your username on Instagram.
If you are ready for a change and want a new username on Instagram, just follow our guide. Changing the username is simple, and you can do it using the app or from the web. Choose what’s more convenient for you and you’ll be done in no time.