CarPlay allows you to use your iPhone in your car in a safer and smarter way and stay completely focused while on the road. When you connect your iPhone and the CarPlay, you get to enjoy a variety of features, including the option of getting needed directions, send and receive messages, make calls, and more. Some users complained that CarPlay not working, and if you are facing the same issue, make sure to try the suggestions on how to fix it that are listed below.
Before we move to the potential solutions, keep in mind that your car needs to support CarPlay in the first place. Another important thing is that the country or region you live in also needs to support CarPlay.
CarPlay not working – Ways to fix it
Here are several things for you to try if CarPlay isn’t working:
- Update the software on your iPhone – go to Settings > General > Software Update. If there is a new version, tap Download and Install.
- Make sure that Siri is on
- Restart your iPhone
- Restart your car
- If your connection is wired, use another USB port and another USB cable
- If your connection is wireless, you need to make sure that Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are enabled. You can check that by going to Settings.
- Enable CarPlay in Content & Privacy Restrictions – Navigate to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions. Next, tap Allowed Apps, and then make sure that CarPlay is enabled.
- Forget the car then set up the connection again – Go to Settings > General > CarPlay. Next, tap your car, tap Forget this car. Now set up the CarPlay from scratch.
If you tried all of these but CarPlay isn’t working, contact Apple.