Pop-ups are a form of online advertising. Generally, it is a new browser window that displays advertisements and ads. Another variation of the pop-up name is pop-under advertisement because it opens in a new window hidden under the active window. Pop-ups don’t disturb the users and you can see it when you close the active window. It is difficult to determine from which website the pop-up actually came. However, these objects create a vulnerability of the system, which could result in infection with the viruses and malicious scripts. But, don’t worry because these dangerous pop-ups can be removed in the Opera, to protect your computer from being infected. This guide will show you how to block pop-up windows in Opera browser.
You also may read: How To Clear Browsing Data In Opera Browser
How To Block Pop-up Windows In Opera Browser
By default, this feature is disabled in the program. However, the actions of third-party software, viruses or other users can change the configuration of your browser.
There is a special interface in Opera, with which you can manage these objects. You can find this option in the browser menu. This step by step guide describes how to disable pop-ups:
- Start Opera web browser
- Then you need to click on “Menu” icon located on the top left corner of the Opera window
- Open “Menu” and go to “Settings”. This can be done by using a combination of keyboard keys Alt + P. The combination works regardless of the current input language
- In the menu on the left side of the page, select the tab “Websites”
- Find the section “Pop-ups”
- Select the checkbox in front of the item “Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) to remove the display of these elements
After that, restart the browser to save the changes.
Image Source: www.wallpaperscraft.com
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.