Table of Content
- 1. Buying Guide
- 2. Best Laptops For Sims 4 in 2022
- 3. High-End Laptop with Premium Features
- 4. Moderately Priced Gaming Laptop with Good Features
- 5. Well-Performing Gaming Laptop with Sophisticated Design
- 6. Premium Quality Gaming Laptop with Robust Processor
- 7. Powerful Gaming Laptop with Large Display Screen
- 8. Slim-Structured Gaming Laptop with Backlit Keyboard
- 9. Well-Built Gaming Laptop with RGB Keyboard
- 10. One of the Best Value 17-inch Gaming Laptops for Playing Sims 4
- 11. One of the Best Razer Gaming Laptops for Playing Sims 4
- 12. FAQs
Sims is probably one of the most popular game franchises from Electronic Arts and is played by millions of people all over the world. It’s a world-building life simulation game that comes with plenty of unique expansion packs allowing you to play it for a long time. If you are into this type of slow-burn gameplay, nothing can be more frustrating than seeing the game crash after several hours of effort. The game per se doesn’t require an insanely powerful laptop but you do need a decent one to enjoy a lag-free experience. Below are some of the best laptops for Sims 4.
We have also shared a buying guide that will help you understand the things you should be focused on when choosing a laptop for Sims 4. Take a look!
See also: Best gaming laptops under $2000
Electronic Arts and Maxis have successfully established the Sims 4 as the most popular real-life simulator. With a decade-old following, gamers who love to play the game can enjoy it on some of the best laptops available for Sims 4 in 2022. These are some important elements to look for in a laptop for gaming in general and to make your Sims experience fun.
- Capable graphics card – Throughout the years, the game has evolved considerably in terms of graphics. New-age laptop cards equivalent to Nvidia 2060 Super or AMD 5600XT are the best bets to be able to play the Sims 4 with the highest graphics settings.
- Large display – A 17-inch laptop will be bulky to carry, but when playing the game, you will enjoy the extra screen real estate it has to offer. Go for at least 15-inch laptops to be able to enjoy the game without having to use an external monitor.
- Reliable heat dissipation – A common issue with gaming laptops is that they tend to get hot. You will play the Sims 4 for many hours a day, and your product of choice should be able to withstand such heavy usage without making the hardware components too hot, which could affect the performance.
- The ability to upgrade components – A laptop may have 8GB of RAM and having more memory will facilitate a better gaming experience. If your device supports easier component upgrades, you can make it future-proof to be able to play the Sims 5 when it gets launched.
- RGB Lights on the Keyboard – While this is not a mandatory feature, it is fun to have RGB lights on your keyboard and trackpad area. It allows you to play the game in pitch-black conditions and find the right buttons when lost in the brilliant world along with your Sims avatar.
Best Laptops For Sims 4 in 2022
High-End Laptop with Premium Features
Asus CUK ROG Strix Scar 17 17.3-inch Gaming Laptop
This brilliantly designed laptop by Asus comes at a very high price. However, if you are willing to pay this price, you will get a high-performing laptop that will offer you an unforgettable experience. The 17.3-inch display screen is large and bright enough to offer an immersive experience while playing social simulation games like the Sims 4.
The laptop runs on Windows 11 Home and is powered by the Intel i9-12900H processor. Therefore, you should be surprised to find this laptop running at extremely high speed. It comes with a hard disk that offers you a storage space of 2 TB. Apart from gaming, you can use this laptop to carry out all computing tasks.
- Recommended for serious gamers and those who wish to pursue gaming as a profession.
- It is also recommended for media professionals who do a lot of heavy video-based work and need a powerful laptop to carry out their professional tasks.
- Wide display screen
- Large storage space
- Power processing unit
- Strong gaming performance
- No webcam
- Very expensive
Moderately Priced Gaming Laptop with Good Features
Acer Aspire 5 Windows 11 Home Laptop
Looking at the price at which the Acer Aspire 5 comes, you wouldn’t expect it to offer great gaming performance, but it does. It comes equipped with an 11th Gen Intel Core i3-1115G4 processor that lends it good speed and enables the user to play popular games like the Sims 4 without facing any difficulty.
The laptop features a 15.6-inch display screen that produces high-definition images. The device comes with a hard disk that offers 128 GB of storage space. The ergonomic keyboard is one of the highlights of the device. The laptop supports the use of Alexa, so you can get a lot of work done simply by giving voice commands.
- Recommended for those looking for a budget-friendly laptop that offers solid gaming performance.
- It is also suitable for individuals who are looking for an inexpensive laptop device that assists them in both personal and professional tasks.
- Reasonable pricing
- Vibrant display screen
- Comfortable keyboard
- Good gaming performance
- No optical drive
- Limited storage space
Well-Performing Gaming Laptop with Sophisticated Design
Lenovo Ideapad L350 15.6-inch Display Screen Laptop
The Lenovo Ideapad L350 comes equipped with an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 graphics card which makes it an ideal device to play high-end games on. Even when you perform basic computing tasks on it, you will witness the speed that will leave you spellbound. The high-end efficiency exhibited by this laptop is a result of the Intel Quad-Core i5-9300HF processor.
The laptop features a 15.6-inch display screen with 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution. The screen boasts an anti-glare feature, so playing games for hours at a stretch shouldn’t make you feel concerned about your eyes. The device comes with an array of connectivity options, including a 3.5mm headphone jack and a DVD writer.
- Suitable for individuals looking for a gaming laptop that can also be put to some good use in their professional space.
- Also recommended for those who wish to invest in a laptop device that works very fast and proves to be efficient in every situation.
- Robust graphics card
- Features a DVD writer
- Anti-glare display screen
- Fast-performing processor
- No Thunderbolt port
- Limited accessories provided
Premium Quality Gaming Laptop with Robust Processor
Razer Blade 15 1 TB Storage-Space Drive Laptop
With a high-bandwidth 32 GB RAM and a 12th Gen Intel Core i7 14-Core processor, the Razer Blade 15 performs at a very high speed. It works as a very good gaming laptop and performs other computing tasks equally well. The 15.6-inch display screen offers a refresh rate of 240Hz and produces high-quality visuals.
One of its most advanced features includes the next-gen vapor chamber cooling responsible for its wonderful thermal management capabilities. Even if you and your friends use this laptop to play games throughout the day, you can be sure about it not heating up. Unlike many other gaming laptops, it operates without creating any noise.
Why You Should Buy This?
- If you have decided to invest in a high-end gaming laptop, this is one of the best options for you in the market.
- Also recommended for those looking for a laptop that can handle multimedia operations rather well.
- High-end processor
- Sharp display screen
- Noise-free operation
- Good thermal management
- Premium pricing
- Battery life should be higher
Powerful Gaming Laptop with Large Display Screen
HP Omen 17 Intel 8-Core i7-11800H Processor Laptop
The vibrant 17.3-inch display screen on this device is responsible for your immersive experience while playing games. It is equipped with an 11th Gen Intel 8-core i7-11800H processor that lets you stream 4K videos conveniently. Built with metal and plastic, the device is highly durable. The hard disk offers a storage space of 1 TB.
All the important connectivity options you expect to come across on a contemporary laptop, including a 3.5mm headphone jack and a microSD card reader, are available on this device. The RGB backlit keyboard produces colorful lighting effects and is very comfortable. The cooling exhaust vent works efficiently and ensures the laptop does not suffer from over-heating.
- Ideal for those looking for an efficient gaming laptop with a very wide screen.
- It is also recommended for those who wish to invest in a versatile laptop with several useful features.
- Reliable processor
- Good audio output
- 17.3-inch display screen
- Impressive gaming performance
- Slightly bulky
- Moderate battery life
Slim-Structured Gaming Laptop with Backlit Keyboard
Asus TUF Dash 15 Windows 10 Portable Laptop
For gaming laptops, the Asus TUF Dash 15 is quite lightweight. While it is built with durable components, the overall structure of the device is not too heavy. The design of the laptop is sleek and stylish. 512 GB of storage space might not work for everyone, but the average user should make do with it. The display screen is 15.6-inches wide and has a 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution.
The device runs on Windows 10 and offers a fairly smooth operating experience. The Intel Core i7-11370H CPU offers a processing speed of 4.8GHz. It is just the kind of powerful processor a gaming laptop needs. The backlit keyboard is of very good quality. If you do video calls regularly, you will be disappointed as the device does not come with a webcam. The battery offers a good backup to the device.
Why You Should Buy This?
- A very good option for those looking for a durable-quality laptop with strong gaming performance.
- It is also recommended for individuals who wish to invest in a well-designed laptop with a sturdy backlit keyboard.
- Portable structure
- High-definition screen
- Very high processing speed
- Comfortable backlit keyboard
- No webcam
- Low bandwidth RAM
Well-Built Gaming Laptop with RGB Keyboard
Acer Predator Helios 300 15.6-inch Display Screen Laptop
The gaming laptop by Acer features a 15.6-inch display screen that offers a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels and produces sharp images. The device comes with a 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10750H 6-core CPU that operates at a very high operating speed, and you can multitask efficiently.
The RGB Backlit keyboard produces vibrant lighting effects, and there is adequate travel space between the keys. Apart from a 256GB storage-space drive, you also get a hard disk that offers a storage space of 1 TB. The device weighs just a little over 2 kilograms, and you won’t face any inconvenience while traveling with it.
Why You Should Buy This?
- An ideal option for those looking for a well-performing gaming laptop that one can carry around conveniently.
- It is also suitable for individuals who need a laptop that proves to be equally functional in both personal and professional spaces.
- Steady processor
- RGB Backlit Keyboard
- Lightweight structure
- Good storage support
- No optical drive
- Inadequate battery life
One of the Best Value 17-inch Gaming Laptops for Playing Sims 4
HP Omen 17
The HP Omen comes with a 17.3” display, 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8750H 6 core processor, 4 GB NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics, 12 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD storage capacity, and Windows 10. The HP Omen sports a more conservative design as opposed to the aggressive angles and sharp lines found on high-end gaming laptops. The body is mostly made of plastic, but strangely it feels way sturdier than you might expect. It is a bit large, weighing nearly 8 pounds. The carbon fiber-inspired body does look good, giving it a rugged look and feel.
The 17.3” Full HD IPS display comes with a refresh rate of 120 Hz, which may not be as high as some high-end gaming laptops, but the HP Omen comes at only a fraction of the price. The G-Sync display enables you to immerse yourself in your gameplay. At its price point, you will find it very hard to find a 17-inch laptop that can perform as well as the HP Omen. You might experience a slight lag when playing graphics-intensive games in ultra-high settings, but everything else will run smoothly like a hot knife through butter. You can even upgrade the RAM as it has two accessible memory slots, which would turn this into a laptop that gives a monster performance.
One unique aspect about this laptop is that it runs quietly, which is astonishing considering how much power it packs. It does heat up a bit, but that’s normal for any gaming laptop. Similar to any other high-performance laptop, the battery life is pretty average. Although the company claims you can get up to 12 hours of battery life with light to medium use, the numbers are lower. If you are looking for a 17-inch gaming laptop that costs around $1000, then the HP Omen is a fantastic product for you. You won’t be able to find another laptop in this category that can give you this much overall value.
Who should buy this?
- It’s perfect for those who need an affordable 17-inch gaming laptop.
- It’s ideal for those who want to play on a 4k resolution screen.
One of the Best Razer Gaming Laptops for Playing Sims 4
Razer Blade 15
The Razer 15 comes with a 15.6” FHD 144Hz matte display, 9th Gen Intel Corei7-9750H 6 core processor, 8 GB NVidia GeForce RTX 2050 graphics, 16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD storage, and Windows 10. The top gaming laptops list wouldn’t be complete without mentioning Razer 15. It has a traditional Razer black aluminum unibody, thin bezels, and a sleek design that will surely delight your eyes. It looks slick and aggressive, the exact look you would want on a high-end gaming laptop. It is slightly thicker than its predecessor but retains the same weight somehow. One aspect that is different from the previous model is its trackpad which is more comfortable to use.
The display is the same as the previous model, which is perfect as it was one of the best displays you could find on gaming laptops. The 144 Hz is a godsend as you can enjoy an uninterrupted visual experience. All the animations and actions feel smooth on this display. It also comes with a matte coating that efficiently deflects glare. With the Intel i7-9750H processor, NVidia RTX 2050 graphics, and 16 GB RAM, you can easily play the latest games and experience zero frame loss. It’s a performance beast that can run the most demanding games and function as a solid workstation for those who would like to dabble in 3D or 2D artwork.
One aspect where the Razer Blade 15 surprises us is its battery life. Almost all other gaming laptops suffer from bad battery life but not the Razer Blade 15. You get an astonishing 5 hours of light to medium use and around 2 hours of heavy usage. Many of its competitors have only 2-3 hours of battery life with normal usage, and compared to them, this one is in a league of its own. If you are a fan of Razer and are looking for a great portable gaming laptop that can double-up as a workstation, then the Razer Blade 15 is the one to go for.
Who should buy this?
- It’s perfect for those who need a high-end gaming laptop that can also function as a workstation.
- It’s ideal for those who want to go from casual to hardcore gaming.
Can my laptop run the Sims 4 in high settings?
EA and Maxis launched the Sims 4 in 2014 and it is a considerably old game. It will allow you to play the game on almost any laptop released in the past five years. However, you may not be able to play it in high settings without a dedicated graphics card.
Will my laptop support recently released game packs?
You will need the original game, the Sims 4 edition, and you will need to purchase the game packs individually. If the original game runs on your laptop, you can also play the game packs.
How do I find out the warranty period for my product?
Be it HP, Lenovo, Dell, Asus, or Alienware, check for the official model of the product. Search for the product online, and its warranty period is listed on the official website.
What is the best laptop to play Sims 4 in 2022?
Any laptop with a dedicated Nvidia or AMD graphics card will be capable of running the game in medium to high settings. If you invest more, you can play the game in ultra-high graphical quality, it is purely based on your budget.
Should I need to install additional software on this laptop?
To play Sims 4, you need Windows 10 OS, hard disk space, and install Origins, a gaming software that automatically saves your game while it also has a store where you can pack additional game packs and DLCs.
Can I play games other than Sims 4 on my laptop?
Yes. You can play a wide range of multiplayer and single-player games on your gaming laptop. With frequent sales on Steam, Origin, and Epic store, it is easy to find great games on PC that don’t burn a hole in your wallet.
Can I use an external monitor, keyboard, or mice?
Yes. All laptops support wired and wireless keyboard/mice combos while large monitors can be connected using the built-in HDMI port.
Buying a laptop to play a specific game can be difficult, but it is possible. Games like Sims 4 require at least a core two duo processor, 2 GB RAM, 10 GB storage capacity, 128 MB video RAM, Pixel Shader 3.0 support, and DirectX 9.0. Keep in mind that these are the minimum requirements to run Sims 4. To have a smooth gaming experience, you need to have a laptop with much higher specs. The better the specs, the smoother your experience will be. Luckily for you, there is a vast ocean of information out there online that can help you find out every detail about gaming laptops. With a little bit of research and patience, you will be able to find the best laptop that will suit your needs.