Table of Content
- 1. Buying Guide
- 2. Best desktops for students
- 3. Sleek and Spiffy-Looking Desktop for Students
- 4. Durable Super-Fast Desktop for Students
- 5. An All-In-One Tower-like Desktop with Powerful Performance
- 6. A Premium Desktop with Optimized Gaming Experience
- 7. Elegantly Designed Chrome OS Desktop for Students
- 8. An Ultra-Compact Desktop with Good Connectivity Options
You’re back to school and looking for a reasonably priced desktop. Though laptops are quite convenient, desktops are an ideal choice for students, as they offer more powerful and long-lasting performance at a smaller price. Portability is not an essential factor for students, but power is important. Students mostly sit at home to complete their work and they can continue to play the latest games on these affordable desktops. There are three types of desktops for students, namely, minis and towers that need a monitor attached to them, and the All in Ones that come with screens. Below is our pick for the best desktops for students.
Are you a student looking to buy a desktop? Here are a few things you may want to think over before you purchase one.
- Display quality and wide screen that suits student activities
- HDMI port and VGA options
- Processor and Graphics card (if you need to use high-end software or games)
- Inbuilt camera or popup camera
- Budget of the desktop
There are many great models, and we are pretty sure you are going to find the one just perfect for your needs.
See also: Best Business Desktops
Best desktops for students
Sleek and Spiffy-Looking Desktop for Students
Dell Inspiron Multi-Purpose Desktop with Infinity Touch Display
This AIO desktop by Dell comes with a Full HD panel that has a good touch functionality feature as well. It boasts of a narrow frame with silver bezels on three sides and a thicker chin on the bottom. It has got dual storage drives including a 256GB SSD and a 1TB HDD.
The device is powered with an 11th Gen Intel i7 Processor with 4 cores and 8 threads. The integrated graphics card from Intel offers decent stability. There is 16GB of RAM as well, which you can upgrade up to 32GB.
- The 27-inch massive screen makes it an ideal choice for students.
- If you want to experience the benefits of touch screen technology, this would be the ideal device for you.
- Excellent display quality
- Equipped with premium AES 2.0 Stylus Pen
- Pop-up webcam
- HDMI input
- No 4K display
- Limited upgradation
- Few issues with HDMI Input
Durable Super-Fast Desktop for Students
HP Pavilion Desktop with Integrated Graphics
HP Pavilion is a proficient everyday PC for students that offer outstanding productivity performance in an eye-catching chassis with space for upgradation. The build quality is extremely good and this polished silver color PC will surely attract many eyes. Also, it is equipped with a speedy SSD instead of a traditional HDD.
The device comes with AMD Ryzen 7 5700G that is capable of multitasking like web surfing, taking notes during class, responding to emails, etc. It runs on Windows 11 Home and is backed with 16GB DDR4 RAM. It has nine USB ports, so connectivity won’t be an issue.
- The desktop comes with the AMD Ryzen 7 5700g that produces an exceptional graphic display.
- Recommended for students who have been looking for a device with ample storage.
- Sleek design
- Solid support section
- Comes with plenty of front-mounted ports
- No optical drives
An All-In-One Tower-like Desktop with Powerful Performance
Acer Aspire Budget-Friendly Desktop for Students
Acer Aspire is backed with a 10th Gen Intel i5 Processor, 12GB DDR4 RAM, and 512GB SSD storage for faster loading, seamless processing, and enhanced performance. The classic black cover and exclusive ridged edges give an aesthetic look to the device. It has a 5.1 HD speaker that offers crisp and clear audio.
The device runs on Windows 10 Home operating system and is equipped with an integrated Intel graphics card. Furthermore, it offers connectivity of Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth 5.1. Lastly, it has two USB 2.0 ports and five USB 3.0 ports.
- Recommended for those who are looking for a perfect blend of build and performance at a fairly low cost.
- The chassis offers plenty of space for future upgradation.
- Compact design
- Value for money
- Optical drivers included
- Fairly narrowed interior
- Substandard PSU
A Premium Desktop with Optimized Gaming Experience
CUK Continuum High-Performing Micro Desktop for Students
The Continuum Micro is a sleek, stylish, and compact desktop that is known for its build quality, cooling technology, performance, vibrant colors, and ARGB fans. It consists of a steel body and glass panels. The infinity mirror creates a great balance of color with distinct lighting effects.
The device runs on Windows 11 Home and is equipped with AMD Ryzen 5 for smooth performance. Also, this desktop comes with AMD Radeon Graphics, allowing you to enjoy all the latest games on high-resolution settings.
Why Should You Buy This?
- Though the desktop has been designed for gamers, it has several facets that make it quite suitable for students as well.
- The vibrant RGB lighting and superior airflow system make it attractive among students.
- Vibrant colors
- 3 years warranty on hardware
- Includes LED Keyboard and Mouse
- Excellent processing speed
- Not recommended for playing 4K
- HDMI and VGA cables are not included
Elegantly Designed Chrome OS Desktop for Students
HP Chromebase AlO Desktop with Rotating Display
The Chromebase features a highly innovative design which is certainly one of the device’s major selling points. It has a stunning 90° rotation that allows you to switch the display mode. The device offers an Anti-Glare Full HD display and a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels for enhanced video quality.
Backed with Pentium Processor and Ultra HD Graphics, HP Chromebase provides a great combination of performance and power consumption. The device comes with HP QuickDrop which makes file transfer easier, quicker, and consistent. Moreover, it has got two 5W speakers offering you stunning you with stunning audio quality for an eternal music experience.
- It offers a 178° wide-angle display which makes homework, editing, and multitasking easier.
- The device boasts a 5MP camera that can also be utilized for video chatting, when idle.
- Excellent hardware
- Space-saving design
- Booming dual speaker
- Google Assistant support
- The screen becomes glossy sometimes
- No side-mounted ports
An Ultra-Compact Desktop with Good Connectivity Options
Lenovo ThinkCentre Mini Desktop for Students
The Lenovo Think Centre is backed with the powerful Intel i9 Processor with 16 cores and 4GB DDR4 RAM. Also, it is equipped with massive dual storage which includes 1TB SSD and 2TB HDD. It features an Ultra HD Graphics Card from Intel.
This tiny device resembles a hardcover book and has a fairly compact chassis that makes it an ideal fit for office cubicles. It runs on Windows 11 Pro OS and for connectivity, it has Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, and Intel 802.11 AX.
Why Should You Buy This?
- The compact set-up makes it an ideal fit for space-constrained and working environments.
- The device offers high-end features which allow you to run multiple applications simultaneously.
- Ample storage
- Good connectivity features
- Multi-monitor support
- Minimum room for expansion
- No HDMI cable
- Substandard Keyboard and Mouse
- A bit expensive
If you wish to stay ahead of the curve, check out these PCs. Most of these can be upgraded, so it is easy to keep these desktops up to date. Shopping for the right computer depends on what tasks you need to accomplish on a regular basis. However, no matter what your needs are, the above PCs are perfect for all students. They are all well-rounded PCs that perform well and are more than satisfactory for a home or office setup.