This is a very good news for a 27 inch iMac user with 3TB hard disk. Apple will replace 3TB hard drive from that iMac with eligible serial number for free. Apple has found that a small number of 3TB hard drives used in the 27-inch iMac may fail under certain conditions and has launched a replacement program for affected users. These units were sold between December 2012 and September 2013.
Apple will notify them via a valid email if they submit email when they registered their unit. But, if you never submitted email before and want to check whether your unit is eligible for this program or not, you can visit Apple official website, see below.
You may feel that your 27 inch iMac with 3TB runs well but Apple suggests to validate its serial number soon. And if it is eligible, means your iMac’s hard disk has an factory anomaly. Apple Will Replace Hard Drive 3TB Some of 27 inch iMac For Free , so how is the flow to get that replacement hard drive?
Here’s the flow:
- Visit the Apple official website: iMac 3TB Hard Drive Replacement Program website
- Enter your iMac serial number. Serial number can be found in Apple menu >> About this Mac. Or on iMac box and on iMac leg.
- If it’s eligible, you need to find a comfortable place and suitable for you to do a HDD replacement for free. Remember this program is free. You can call Applecare, make a reservation in genius bar Apple Store or visit the nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider and ask about that program first.
- Back up your data before you take it to Service Provider. This is important for securing your data. It’s even beter if you backup your data through Time machine so that it will easier for you to restore all your data and system to a new HDD without re-install OS X or your favourite applications.
- If you are not eligible when you enter the serial number, try to ensure one more time by contacting Apple support.
- If you have ever done a replacement for hard disk 3TB for your 27 inch iMac, call Apple Support or the last place where you service that iMac. If your serial number is eligible for this program, Apple will review it. If it’s eligible for refund, Apple will refund the money that you have spent related to hard disk replacement.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.