Apple TV brings a lot of excitement and fun, right? But all that excitement can disappear in seconds if the remote stops working for some reason. This doesn’t happen often, but when it does, there are some workarounds. Here, we are going to show you what steps to take when Apple TV remote not working.
Apple TV not working? Try these
There are different types of Apple TV remotes – Siri Remote, Apple TV Remote, and Apple Remote (aluminum or white). No matter which one you have, make sure to stay within the range of Apple TV. Also, make sure that nothing is blocking the remote. Also, unplug your Apple TV from the power source, plug it back in a few seconds later, and try using your remote again.
If you have Apple Remote (aluminum or white):
- First, replace the battery
- Unpair the remote: On the remote, press and hold Menu and Left for a few seconds. When you do this, an icon will appear over a remote control icon (it looks like two chain links).
- Pair the remote: On the remote, press and hold Menu and Right for a few seconds. When you do this, an icon will appear over a remote control icon (it looks like two chain links that are joined).
If you have Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote:
- Use a Lightning to USB cable and a USB wall charger and charge the remote for 30 minutes at least
- Turn off the Accessibility feature – if you enabled this feature, remote scrolling won’t work. Go to Settings > General > Accessibility.
- Pair your remote all over again – point the remote to the TV from 3 inches away. On the remote, press and hold the Menu button and the Volume Up button for 5 seconds. If asked, place your remote on the receiver to complete the pairing.
- If by any chance you have Apple Remote (aluminum or white) try and see if it works
If nothing seems to be working, contact Apple.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.