Along with the release of iOS 9.1, today, Apple released OS X El Capitan 10.11.1, the first update for El Capitan since its original one on September 30. Apple says the update improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac and recommends the update for all users. Moreover, 10.11.1 brings the new emoji characters that were rolled-out with iOS 9.1.
Apple recommended Mac users to upgrade their OS to this version. You can check it on Apple menu App Store >> , on the Update tab. Here’s the Release Note of OS X El Capitan:
- Improves installer reliability when upgrading to OS X El Capitan
- Improves compatibility with Microsoft Office 2016
- Fixes an issue where outgoing server information may be missing from Mail
- Resolves an issue that prevented display of messages and mailboxes in Mail
- Resolves an issue that prevents certain Audio Unit plug-ins from functioning properly
- Improves VoiceOver reliability
- Adds over 150 new emoji characters with full Unicode 7.0 and 8.0 support
The important thing to notice is the improved compatibility for Microsoft Office 2016.Previously some users reported the crash issue on it. This is a good feedback from Apple. Besides, Apple cannot ignore the productivity apps like Microsoft Office is.
The other news: Beware Jailbreakers! Apple Blocks Pangu on iOS 9.1
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.