Only less than 1 week after the release of iOS 9, Apple now released iOS 9.0.1. It’s because there are many complaints from users foremost related to the Slide to Upgrade issue after they downloaded the iOS 9 file update directly through iOS device.
Apple found it and today they released iOS 9.0.1 to overcome Slide to Upgrade issue and the other bugs.
You can download the iOS 9.0.1 directly via the Software Update on your iOS device Settings app or via iTunes. Here is the release note of iOS 9.0.1:
- Fixes an issue where some users could not complete setup assistant after updating
- Fixes an issue where sometimes alarms and timers could fail to play
- Fixes an issue in Safari and Photos where pausing video could cause the paused frame to appear distorted
- Fixes an issue where some users with a custom APN setup via a profile would lose cellular data
If you are facing the issue after iOS 9 upgrade, such as stuck on Slide to Upgrade, Apple has released How To Fix it on their official website. They provide 2 options depend on your situation.
If you already updated to iOS 9, You’ll need to update to iOS 9.0.1:
- Connect your iOS device to a computer. Then make sure that iTunes is open.
- While your device is connected, press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.
- When asked, choose Update.
- Once the restore is done, finish the onscreen steps to set up your device.
If you had this issue before iOS 9.0.1 was available and you’ve already set up your device as new, use these steps to restore from your previous backup:
- Update your device to iOS 9.0.1.
- Go to Settings >> General >> Reset > Erase all Content and Settings. This will delete any content that’s currently on your device.
- Then set up your device.
- When asked to restore from a backup, select either iCloud or iTunes and follow the steps to restore from your previous backup.
As we have discussed before, is it the right time to upgrade iOS 9? The bugs often occurs in early build iOS and that is not good for you. Apple is preparing iOS 9.1 for iPad Pro. Today, Apple sent iOS 9.1 Beta 2 to the developers for the tryout. It can be a sign that iOS 9.1 will probably be released faster than the launch of iPad pro this November.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.