The Sony Xperia Z1. is the second phone in the flagship Z series from Sony since the start of the series in June 2013. It is an excellent phone with brilliant hardware specs and an amazing design. It is the first phone from Sony that features a 20 mega pixel camera and has a large camera sensor which makes it comparable to a digital camera. The phone has an excellent display with the Sony’s Triluminous display that belongs to its Bravia range of Televisions. The technology is known to give more saturated colours on the screen. The display supports a resolution density of 1920 x 1080 pixels and a pixel density of 441 ppi.
The phone is excellent overall but there still are some advantages and disadvantages of Sony Xperia Z1 that a potential buyer must need to know in order to be able to make a good decision.
See also- Advantages and disadvantages of Moto G
Advantages and disadvantages of Sony Xperia Z1
Advantages of Xperia Z1
- Performance – The Xperia Z1 is loaded with a 2.2 GHz quad core processor on the Snapdragon 800 processing chip. It also has a 2 GB RAM to complement the powerful processor that it has. With this specification combined with Adreno 300 GPU gives you a super smooth operating of the phone. If you are the user who likes to play heavy games or you are the one who has a lot of multi-tasking work to do then you need not to give a second thought about the hardware of this piece of tech. It can handle it all pretty well.
- Camera – The camera of the phone is another big advantage of Xperia Z1. The phone has a camera of 20.7 megapixels. This is sufficient to provide you clear and rich images. The camera has an excellent shutter speed which lets you take images without any blur.
- Battery –The battery of the Xperia Z1 is sufficient to last for more than a day. It has battery capacity of 3000 mAh. The earlier phone from the same series i.e. Xperia Z has a battery capacity of just 2300 mAh.
- Design – The design of the device appeals to your eye immediately. The phone has smooth metal edges. Its headphone jack is also waterproof that gives it a great IP (waterproof) rating of 58. Also the notification light gives the device an added look to it. It also has a dedicated camera key which can be used to take images under water.
- Water Proof – The Sony Xperia Z1 is a device which has a really good IP rating and it can stay under water at a depth of more than 1 metre for around 30 minutes.
- Display – The screen of this device is really a pleasure to look at. The quality of the display is excellent with the usage of Sony’s Triluminous technology which is signature to the Bravia range of televisions from the company. The screen technology combined with OptiContraxt and X-Reality can provide more realistic images.
These are some of the advantages of Xperia Z1. Now let’s take a look at the disadvantages of Xperia Z1 to make our list of advantages and disadvantages of Xperia Z1 complete.
Disadvantages of Xperia Z1
- USB Port – The device is made water proof so to prevent water from entering the device the ports have to be covered with specialized rubber. And so the charging USB port is also covered with this and every time you have to charge your phone you have to open the cover and then you can start charging the device. This can be called as a disadvantage of Xperia Z1.
- Size – The size of the phone is quite big with its 5 inch screen. This sometimes can make the phone difficult when putting it inside the pocket.
- Non-Removable Battery – The phone has a non-removable battery which can be called as a disadvantage sometimes because at some situations the user needs to take out the battery.
- Fingerprint catcher – The rear side of the phone catches fingerprints easily and this sometimes can be very irritating to some users.
- Audio Quality – The audio quality of this high-end device is not what you would expect from a phone of this price range. It surely could have been a lot better.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.