The latest version of iOS, 8.4 is far from perfect and Apple admitted that as well. Over the past few weeks, people keep complaining about many different problems. Some iPhone users reported sound issues with some apps, and sound simply isn’t working. We’ll try to help you out with 5 ways to fix iPhone sound on apps isn’t working after iOS 8.4 update. All you need to do is follow the instructions. Here we go.
5 ways to fix iPhone sound on apps isn’t working after iOS 8.4 update
Solution No.1: Restart the app .
If you have sound issues on iPhone only when you are using the apps, restart the app. Here is how:
- Tap the Home button twice
- You will see previews of the apps you have been using lately
- Now, swipe right to find the app you wish to restart
- Swipe up to close it
- Go back to the Home screen and launch the app again.
Solution No.2: Update or reinstall the app .
When experiencing sound issues when using the apps, and if the restart didn’t help, you should go to the App Store and see if there is an update. Download it. If that doesn’t fix the problem, you should reinstall the app. Here is how:
- From the Home screen, tap and hold the app’s icon until an X shows up
- Click on the X
- The app will be removed
- Go to the App Store, find the app and download it.
Solution No.3: Assistive touch .
Many people who had iPhone app sound issues after iOS update solved it with this simple solution:
- Navigate to Settings
- Click on General
- Click on Accessibility
- Turn Assistive Touch on to unmute the device.
Solution No.4: Restart your device .
Press and hold the power button, drag the slider, and turn off your iPhone.. Do the same to turn it back on, press and hold the power button.
Solution No.5: Reset all settings .
In most cases, one of the solutions listed above will fix the problem, but if it didn’t happen, you can reset all settings. This solution helps with many different issues, which is why we include it in this article as one of 5 ways to fix iPhone sound on apps isn’t working after iOS 8.4 update. Follow these steps:
- Go to Settings
- Now tap on General
- Tap on Reset
- Select Reset All Settings option
- Confirm that you want to reset the settings on your iPhone.