Xperia Z2 is an awesome device from Sony with a handful of specs up its sleeve. And considering the extraordinary waterproof feature it is equipped with, it has been the reason behind the nightmares other contenders in the smartphone business are experiencing.
As the software tends to be updated from time to time, Sony’s Xperia Z2 has been caught up with a problem. There have been many desperate feedback submissions of camera issues being faced by users as they have witnessed ‘camera not available Xperia Z2’ errors. However, this is just a small issue which can be fixed in minutes by following some simple tricks.
5 best ways to fix Sony Xperia Z2 camera issue is listed here.
5 Ways To Fix Sony Xperia Z2 Camera Not Working Problem
The first fix for camera not working on Sony Xperia Z2 is :
1. Clear the Cache
The first and most effective way of fixing this issue is clearing the cache of the camera app.
- Go to the settings of the phone
- Then view the apps menu and click on select all
- Next, select the Camera and firstly, clear its cache and clear other settings and data
- Next, press the force stop button.
The camera should work now and if the Sony Xperia z2 camera problem persists, head over to the next step.
2. Check Disabled Apps
Try recalling whether you have disabled any apps. This check is mandatory because there is a chance that an app which is vital for running the camera app might have been accidentally disabled. If found, the disabled app should be enabled again and restart the camera application.
3. Cache Wipe to fix Sony Xperia Z2 Camera Problem
If the problem persists then it is necessary to simply wipe the cache of the smartphone device. Carefully follow the mentioned steps to wipe the cache:
- Make certain that the android device is powered off and the USB cable is disconnected.
- Push and grasp the Power Button found on the right edge of the device, select power off and then choose the OK option to confirm.
- Press the Volume down Button and hold it, during the hold, press and hold the power button simultaneously for max five seconds till the phone gets ready to open the menu.
- Choose the desired cache wipe option from the menu by Volume keys.
- From the Recovery screen, select the wipe cache option.
- Reboot the system now and enjoy the Sony’s excellent camera quality experience.
4. Reset Your Sony Xperia Z2
Try the factory reset of the phone as it generally solves the issue at hand. But before that backup the important data on your phone. Here are the steps for that:
- First, you will have to install the Xperia Companion software on your computer if it is not installed.
- Now connect your phone to the computer using the USB cable.
- Launch the Xperia Companion software on your computer. Within few minutes, the computer will detect your phone.
- You will have to select a Backup option.
- Now do as the on-screen instruction says and backup your data to your computer.
To factory reset Sony Xperia Z2, you need to navigate to,
- Factory data reset
- Reset phone
- Erase everything
5. Check Other Camera Apps
You can try other camera apps to fix Sony Xperia Z2 to see if the camera works fine. If the answer is yes, then there might be certain bugs in the software and Sony will provide an update for the phone and the matter will be resolved.
So, these are 5 workaround/ fixes to the Sony Xperia Z2 camera problems, try these ways one by one and it must solve out the issue for you.