Hey, did you come across an impressive Instagram account and would like to share its URL with other people so that they could see it as well? Or, did you see a great Instagram post and would like to share its URL with other Instagram users? If you want these things but do not know how then this is an article which can help you. Instagram is a great app. If you know how to use it, it can prove to be very beneficial for you. If you use Instagram a lot but do not know how you can copy and save an Instagram URL, you will get the answer here on how to do just that.
See also: How to post a YouTube video on Instagram
Instagram user URL
To get the link/URL of the profile page an Instagram user, you need to follow these steps:
- From your smartphone, you need to open the Instagram app.
- Now, navigate to the Instagram user profile page. To do this, you need to tap on the search icon located at the bottom bar of the app screen. When you tap this search icon (in the shape of a magnifying glass), the app will show a new page. On this page, on the top, you will see a search box, tap on this and write the name of the Instagram user or the username of the Instagram user whose profile page URL you want to copy and save. Choose from the suggested accounts the account you want. Or, you can tap enter to show all the user accounts with that name. Then, choose the one you want.
- Once you are on the profile page of the Instagram user, tap on the three dots in the top right corner.
- Choose to tap on the ‘copy profile URL’ option.
- The URL is now copied on the clipboard and now you can save this URL by pasting it in any text box. You can use a note-taking software and paste it there and save it.
In case you know the username of the Instagram user, then it is very simple to just type the Instagram user URL yourself and then save it. The URL will be http://www.instagram.com/username/ where you need to replace the ‘username’ with the Instagram user’s username.
Instagram post URL
For taking the URL of an Instagram post URL, you need to go through these steps:
- First, the Instagram app needs to be opened.
- Next, open the Instagram post whose URL you want to copy and save. For this, you can search for the Instagram user whose post it is by using the second point in the above steps. When the profile page of the Instagram user is opened, from there, open the post which you want.
- After the post is opened, you need to tap on the icon of three-dots. This will open a new menu from which you need to tap on the ‘copy link’ option.
- The URL to this post will be copied in the clipboard.
- To save the copied URL, go to a note-taking app you use and paste it there, and then you need to save it.
It is not always possible to copy and save the URLs by the above-mentioned steps Instagram post URL. For you to be able to copy and save the URLs for the Instagram posts, the account that posted the Instagram post should not be private or you should be following that Instagram account. If these conditions are not met, you will not be able to copy and save the Instagram post URL using the Instagram app.