One of the most common issues with Xbox One controllers is the sticky analog sticks, making playing games on the console difficult.
This article will show you how to fix stick drift on Xbox One controller.
A few Joystick analogy Drift Fix suggestions
- Ensure that your controller has fresh batteries and that your controller is updated.
- Press and hold the power button on your Xbox One console for 10 seconds.
- Once your console is powered off, unplug the power cord.
- Wait 5 minutes, and then plug in your console.
- Power on your console and try resyncing the controller to your console again
Follow these steps to update your controller wirelessly and to support the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter:
- Sign in to Xbox Live on your Xbox One console and install the latest system update if prompted to do so.
- If you have a stereo headset adapter, plug it into the bottom of your controller so it can also get updated.
- If you’re using a stereo headset adapter, plug in the headset (the headset must be plugged in so the adapter will turn on).
- Press the Menu button.
- Select Settings.
- Select Devices & accessories.
- Select the controller you want to update.
- Select Update, and then select Continue.
- Once the Update is complete, you can update the additional controllers. If they can only be updated via USB, see the Update via USB Guide. Otherwise, select the Update another button on the screen after the first Update is complete, and then follow the steps.
How to Fix Stick Drift on Xbox One Controller Video
Note that the action performed in the video will void your warranty
Suggestion from Ender89
The stick drift is usually caused by plastic dust (from the thumbstick wearing against the shell of the controller) gumming up the analog mechanism that tracks the position of the thumbstick. I get it occasionally on my left thumbstick, and I fix it by prizing off the plastic piece on the side of the controller grip, exposing the space between the circuit board and the shell, and blasting some canned air at the mechanism to clean it.
Join our newsletter 🎉Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss out on what's happening in the tech world. It's that simple.
- Latest Tech News
- Exclusive Tech Deals